Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very new to this site and the atv world. I have been in the import world with cars. kids came and now got me a new hobby. wifey said no more cars.lol I have a 99 mojave. Just learned how to change oil the other day. But i dont understand why it wont start in the winter. I had itlast winter and the same thing. let it be summer and 3rd kick tops and its on. It acts 100% different in the winter. Does anyone know what is up with this thing?? If u can giveme some insite let me know. Again new to this, this is my first post and just signed up an hour ago.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine does the same thing when it is cold, i have a new top end and spark plug and still does the same thing. My brothers blaster starts right up when it is cold. i think its just a mojave thing.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
As long as your jetting is good, just use the choke for it to start and you can turn it off almost right away after it fires up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank You guys. I was ready to get rid of it. It does so good in the summer that makes me mad in the winter. My buds want to go ride and i tell them to wait til the summer. I need to buy me a winter one. haha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cold start

I am very new to this site and the atv world. I have been in the import world with cars. kids came and now got me a new hobby. wifey said no more cars.lol I have a 99 mojave. Just learned how to change oil the other day. But i dont understand why it wont start in the winter. I had itlast winter and the same thing. let it be summer and 3rd kick tops and its on. It acts 100% different in the winter. Does anyone know what is up with this thing?? If u can giveme some insite let me know. Again new to this, this is my first post and just signed up an hour ago.
jettin might need to be adjusted.I've learned that my mojave carb is very touchy.with the choke pulled my always starts.15 degrees last week and fired on the 4th kick.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a DG exhaust, and a K&N airfilter in stock box. What main jet should i have in my carb. i have a stock one in it now. it will start when it is really cold but takes a long time. but once warmed up it runs great. Whats my mojaves problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check to see if your valve clearance is correct, this will cause hard starting at different temperatures. I have had mojaves since 1990 and they would start no matter how cold it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts