Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for some cold weather tips from yall guys. We bundle up pretty good, but down here in South GA, the "wet" cold is killer and hard to shake off after getting really cold.

It never used to be a problem when we were bogging, because we wore waders/jackets and didn't ride over 10-15mph, due to technical trails.

I just want to get a good idea of what everyone is using. The worst parts for me are my ears and top of my legs. My wife says her face and legs as well.

So far, I'm thinking good bibs and balaclavas for both of us. I was looking through Cabelas and Rocky Mount... but other than that, I'm open to suggestions.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Just got done with a all night ride in Youngstown Ohio. 15 degrees and 10" of snow. But it wasnt wet. When we ride and it looks like we might get wet (with the cold) the best thing is waterproofing over top of your warm clothes. I have electric hand warmers and mitts that go over my handlebars to put my hands into. I can ride all day long with my summer fox gloves. also Dicks makes socks that have a pouch in them for holding those warmers on top of your toes. I guess you can try putting those warmers in your pockets also to help with your upper legs. As far as our faces we wear our helmets with a head/face cover and goggles. cover up our necks and we are good to go. I usually ride with carhart overalls and jacket. the best thing for staying warm in the wet is to keep as dry as possible.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts