Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started plowing snow this year with my P700 and got cold fingers and toes after a few hours. I wanted to know what some of you guys that ride up north do when its below 20 def F when you go riding. I looked into heated clothing but everything I saw was $100 or more per item. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Carharrts, LaCross Boots, a good (very good) set of gloves with GoreTex liners...and if that fails...more beer:lol:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought a set of Carhartt Artic extreme bibs which I have heard work really well. What is the thickness of your boots (grams)?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Proper winter boots, snowmobile gear is warmer then any winter work gear I have, heated grips and thumbwarmer and a balaclava

·
Registered
14 Posts
1000 Grams...Two pair of socks, and I get my feet on the seat anytime it looks like the floorboards my go into the water. Dry feet are way warmer than wet ones!!! (Waterproof boots are a myth:D)

·
Registered
78 Posts
They also make electric socks which i use when i ride in cold weather and to hunt with.
I have really been lookin at getting me a couple pair of electric socks - but every review I've read (both cheap socks and super expensive socks) say that they dont' seem to work any better than a good pr of wool socks.

What brand do you use?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have had them so long I couldnt even tell you what brand they are......let me look to see if they have a tag on them. they use a D battery in each sock and they actually work too.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just finished a ride the other night in 10 degree weather and all i use for gloves are my narmal fox racing gloves. Electric grip warmers, thumb warmer, and then the mitts that go over your handle bars should be enough. Another idea for you toes are a pair of socks from Dicks that have a little pouch on the top of the toes for a little "warmer." the Warmers are cheap and they last eights hrs.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Go to a safety supply store and get Baffin hard toed rubber boots...good to -100deg. They usually go for about $120CDN and are actually made in Canada. I go barefoot in mine, and they are 100% waterproof, third year now.

I've also found that Coldwave mitts are the warmest most comfortable.

my .02

1 - 10 of 10 Posts