Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
The rollover sensor comes loose from its mounting point and shuts the quad down, just zip tie it down. Some of the 08 models had issues with the CDI causing battery drain. The seat is hard as hell. Mine was very reliable. It definitely needs a FCI intake as the stocker is too restrictive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have 1 right now that more often then not wont start and when it does it shuts down intermitently. what can it be?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Throttle position sensor (tps) malfunction, loose or faulty rollover sensor, or any other electrical issue. Start by checking ALL your connections first. You may also want to check the intake /throttle body boot connection for leaks. When I had mine I unplugged EVERY plug and filled them with dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. I also removed the rollover sensor, disassembled it, and used hot glue to hold the pendulum inside the unit in place; then I zip tied it to the frame. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a '09 and after the first week the Neutral Light flickered on and off, then it suddenly went out and never came back on. Afterwards my battery would drain drastically. Other than that I had no problems with it, Loved it. I agree that the seat is hard as hell. Quadtech makes a nice Hump Seat replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What should a person be looking at if the red fi light comes on when pushing the ignition button and the quad won't start. It turns over but won't start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try fully charging your battery.
I also changed the spark plug.
The light didn't come on and the quad
Fired right up on the first try.
So it was one of the two or both, not sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 08 is having an issue with the fuel pump . Sometimes it will turn on and sometimes it wont . Not sure if it could be a bad connection or the fuel pump is dirty and needs cleaned or replaced, any info would be very helpful

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rollover sensor

Wish I knew that when the rollover sensor shuts the quad off, all
You had to do is shut the key off for a few seconds and try again,
And it would start. Wouldn't have drained my battery trying
To get it started again... Lol just saying. Oh ya you better be on a straight
Surface too

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue with a 2013 kfx450r cleaned the carb changed the plug checked all the connections could the fuel pump float have anything to do with it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts