Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

81 - 100 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have gone throught the 7 pages of issues, I have only had this used 2008 for 6 months and I think I have experienced 75% of what was listed lol.

Rode in the Hatfield Mcoys and found out just how bad the breather system is. Never in water over the floor boards and we managed to ingest water and dirt in the air box. Ended up having to rebuild the top end and major cleaning of internals.
Mechanic at local shop down by Mann stated that they have to do this type of rebuild on at least 7-9 machines a year.

1.Brutes don't like any type of water/mud. If you are going to hit the puddles you have to snorkel, you can put a speacial air cover on but the price is close to what snorkels cost and it is bloody loud.
Air Breather filter, these machines like a lot of air, he suggested they be treated like a motocross bike, and wash/clean filter after every ride. When reinstalling the breather put grease on the bottom for a tight seal.

Fuel pump can be an issue, if they act up dealer wants $800.00 for a new one, or 475.00 on ebay. You might get lucky if your mechanically inclined and be able to back flush your old one. I have pulled my son's fuel pump dissasembled it and back flushed components using my parts washer. Two filters on pump one on inlet looks like a tea bag, and one on outlet of pump.:bash:
i have found that if you hit the water to fast the splash gets into the air intake but if you go in fairly slow then hitter you can go pretty deep . the factory in take is in a poor location forsure the best is snorkels if you wanna play water

·
Registered
11 Posts
Snorkel Your Brute

I cannot emphasize it more. SNORKEL YOUR BRUTE AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET A FULL NIGHTS REST. :D That is a no-fooling statement. I have probably saved myself thousands of dollars.

I could not have had the success that I have today had it not been for this thread. OMG I cannot begin to tell you.

I have provided pics.
Pictured is my snork setup without the tips. GET THE TIPS (see tip pic) - more piece of mind. The install was a hell of lot of fun by the way.

I used Snorkel Your ATV.com

Hit any puddle at any speed with confidence. Now that I have the snorks, when I hit water a ton of steam comes up through front. This same steam would have been sucked in otherwsie - not to mention ANY amount of water. The airbox design is CRIMINAL.

So, DO NOT RIDE YOUR BRUTE - until you install snorkels.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hello i have a 86 kawasaki bayou klf300a that has a starter problem. when i try starting the atv it turns over slow than speeds up it also when craking the engine stops turn but stater keeps going. can any one help me. has new battery and had starter rebuilt. thanks matt

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 05 750, Is the oil pump chain stretching a common issue? I have a weird ticking noise at my left foot so I took the alternator cover off and checked the oil pump chain and it looks like it has alot of play. I have a video but I don't have enough posts to post it. :mad:

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I have an 05 750, Is the oil pump chain stretching a common issue? I have a weird ticking noise at my left foot so I took the alternator cover off and checked the oil pump chain and it looks like it has alot of play. I have a video but I don't have enough posts to post it. :mad:
It can on V-twins that have had heavier oil run for extended periods. This not only forces the pressure relief open farther but puts additonal pressure on the chain which stretches it over time. If this the case, the other chains won't be at the end of their tensioner's range yet so check the cam chain tentioners and see where they are in their travel. If they are at the end then its just time for some chains and parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
anybody know a good link to order the fix for the radiator fan, inline fuse.
I just bought a 2007 BF and that is something that needs to be replaced asap, just not sure where to get it or to know what kind is the right one.
ill try google but any help is appreciated

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
anybody know a good link to order the fix for the radiator fan, inline fuse.
I just bought a 2007 BF and that is something that needs to be replaced asap, just not sure where to get it or to know what kind is the right one.
ill try google but any help is appreciated
Any auto parts store can have the fuse holder and fuse you need (10 amp) just wire it in place of the auto breaker. Now me..I prefer to stay with OE equipment and if my autobreaker ever goes bad, mine is getting another one. They are cheap enough as is. I get most of my parts from cheapcycleparts.com.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
A 10 amp fuse is listed on the wire schematic,but if you are installing an aftermarket fan,you will need to check the amps of the new fan and install the proper fuse. More than likely gonna be a 10,15,or 20 amp fuse.

·
Registered
8 Posts
07 brute force 750 winter setup

I live in manitoba and it's freakin cold here just curious how other guys have there brutes setup for winter riding

·
Registered
32 Posts
We where talking about shocks a lone time ago , so what shocks can we inter change with an 05 brute 750 , mine are to stiff . My Brother inlaw, he has an 13, BF 750 w/eps , an his bike rides real nice .

Just Thanking ??

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
05 - 07 Brute shocks are said to be stiffer. The 2008 - 2014 shocks are said to be softer. As far as I know all Brute irs shocks,are interchangeable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spit and Sputtering and altogether Dead on the Trail

While adding dielectric grease to all my connections, I did not realize that my bridge-rectifier connection was not connected all the way. This is the big black connector thing in the back just under the right hand side of the seat. It ensures that the AC voltage from the alternator is converted to DC voltage to recharge the battery while you are riding.

Symptoms of this condition: spit and sputtering of the engine, bike won't start, bike stalls while on the trail, etc. The fuel pump is not getting enough voltage to operate properly and therefore cannot supply fuel to engine.

Trouble shooting
Suspect Condition: While at idle, the voltage across the battery leads is 12 vdc.

Normal Condition: Volt test the battery across + - leads while the engine is at idle. Voltage should read slightly more than 12 volts (14 really). Feathering the throttle would give more voltage across the leads at higher RPMs (16-18+).

The fix
I discovered the fix by pressing the connector tightly against the bridge rectifier while my buddy was checking the volts across the battery leads. Instantly, the volt meter showed an increase in VDC to 14 at idle and even more so while he increased the throttle/RPMs.
Turning off the bike, I examined the connector carefully and discovered one of the wires had backed out of its wire-block slightly - probably from the last time I had it apart when I was putting dielectric-grease in there. After pushing the wire back and clicking it into its wire-bock and connecting it to the bridge-rectifier, I plastic zip-wired it as an added measure.

Prior to the discovery and fix, I recharged my battery. My smart charger display read "Bad Cell". I bought a new battery at $85 - charged it all the way only to experience the initial spit and sputtering condition with a dead brand new battery. Thanks to this site and a ton of research (and some soul searching), I was able to better trouble shoot the situation.

After the fix, I have not had another issue. I am so glad my Brute is healthy. Now it is time for some A-Arm bushings.

Oh last thing, when my bike died on the trail, I had to get a tow for $25.00 while at Carolina Adventure World. It was embarrassing while being towed to have everybody I passed look at my dead Brute.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sgroi Innovations makes a Mechanical fix for the BF750i and BF650i. It could be found on E Bay for $375. It went on there about a year ago I think at $495. That was a bit pricey but he seems to be selling them now and getting some good reviews. It carries a lifetime guarantee.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hey there guy I have a problem with my bike the lights dim when sitting at idle but go brighter when i give it gas battery is brand new and everything seems to be getting power and another thing is that it dose not like to start cold ??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Brute force 750 efi repacement fuel pump

Brute force 750 replacement fuel pump found
Hi guys, I recently had the fuel pump problem that seems to be pretty common for the brute force 750. Mine is an 09 model with only 1300kms. It was backfiring thru the exhaust and had no power over 1/4 throttle. I found the teabag filter blocked and also the internal filter in the plastic housing. I removed the internal filter as recommended on this forum. I then searched for replacement fuel pumps and found this one on ebay. It was cheap so decided to give it a go. It even came with a teabag filter.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281531660...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well I'm happy to say this pump has fixed the problem and seems to have more power than before. Only cost $37.14 including postage in Australia.
Hope this helps.:D

81 - 100 of 129 Posts