Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fuel filter

I was having intermittent fuel problems with my '12 750bf. Took it to a dealer and they run it, hooked up to a computer but no results. Got home and it started acting up again. I took fuel pump out and cleaned the filter and put it back in the tank,seem to run fine for several minutes and then started to starve for fuel again. Then I found your web site on ebay and ordered a fuel pump taking a chance on the size (35mm) Got it in mail from China in 10 days,put it in and back on the road again, runs like it should and mailed to my door for $44.00 verses over $800. for the complete fuel pump assembly you are forced to buy from kawasaki. thanks for your post

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2002 Prairie and I bought it about a month ago and since I have had to refill the coolant twice. Today while I was riding I stopped to clear the trail and when I did the cap to the coolant blew off and a bunch of white smoke came out so I turned of the four wheeler and could hear it chugging coolant but I didn't run it hard( earlier in the week I ran rode it on a flat track that was a a little muddy) and one of my friends said I might have blown a gasket but after reading about #4 could it be because the radiator is plugged?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fuel pump on 750i fail.... GSXR 750 pump runs about $30 and is the same electric pump and costs a tenth of what dealers want for a Brute pump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hard starting after towing my '05 BF650, its flooded, so I shut the fuel off and run the carbs out of fuel, starts right up when I get to where ever were riding. a couple people told me this can be a common problem with snorkeled brute force machines ??? anyone else have this problem ??

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
bigjohn23, you need to cap off the intake snorkel when transporting - yes this is a common problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Do the brute force have timing chain tensioner problems, I've had my rear barrel n piston seized, had that rebuilt. Now my front barrel n piston n head destroyed.
Are they prone for timing chain problems.
Any advise guys, ????

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oil in the airbox

Don't most brutes put oil in the airbox from a hose in the crankcase?

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Don't most brutes put oil in the airbox from a hose in the crankcase?
Because of the design they all can..but all don't. Mostly depends on the riding. Although a slight "oil mist" is very common in all cases a large volume burst is determined by how high a wheelie with RPM and how much leakage the rings have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fuel problem

I had problems with my '12 750 brute, intermitent fuel shortage.Let it shut off for a while then run good for a while' Long story short, the fuel filter in the tank was plugging up and causing the problem. When shut off some off the blockage would release and the atv run great till the filter started to plug solid again.Replaced the filter and fine since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just bought my first brute....new 2016 BF 750 special edition candy lime green...ive owned polaris before - 2001 SP 500, 2006 SP 500 and 2012 SP 800, all great machines and now im questioning getting a Kawi.....

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
i just bought my first brute....new 2016 BF 750 special edition candy lime green...ive owned polaris before - 2001 SP 500, 2006 SP 500 and 2012 SP 800, all great machines and now im questioning getting a Kawi.....
Welcome aboard - Why question buying a new state of the art Kawie ? Yes it is not the smoothest ride out there, but they are a torque monster, they last a long time with proper maintenance, and they are simple machines with tons of mods on the market.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Welcome aboard - Why question buying a new state of the art Kawie ? Yes it is not the smoothest ride out there, but they are a torque monster, they last a long time with proper maintenance, and they are simple machines with tons of mods on the market.
I think he read this thread and it got him worried that he might have just bought a nightmare. Lol.:laugh:
Don't worry deederswy, you definitely traded up!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me - virgin new Kawi owner, about my 15th ATV, but my first post here <insert misty eyes >

you guys rock, great crowd. Howdy, Great post of awesome mechanical fix solutions and tips!

48 hours ago, my impulse buy. Wife didn't even know.

grins. glad to share and help contribute.

My 750 BF, and suggested shopping list for others, either pull out your VISA, MASTERCARD, or PAYPAL, or turn your eyes away now.

Heres what showed up unannounced. My Grizzly 660 needed a friend.

'08 Brute Force Real Tree Camo Edition 750 4x4 Fuel Injected
12V Acc. Outlet
Front Diff. "Lock" Lever
573 Miles
101 Hours

Add-Ons:
Extended Front & Rear Racks
Aluminum Products Inc. (include)
Full Undercarriage Skid Plates
Front Bash/Skid Plate
Front A-Arm Stick Stoppers
Rear A-Arm Stick Stoppers
-------------
Fabricated 3/16" Steel Skid/Plates Under the Foot Peg/Wells

Warn Winch
RT 30
3000 lb Rated
Handle Bar Mounted Rocker/Switch Controller
Remote Plug in Controller w/10' Lead

K&N High Flow Air Filter
Big Gun EVO U Full Stainless Steel Exhaust System
USFS Approved Spark Arrestor

Elka Utility Series Shocks
Fully Adjustable:
Ride Height
Pre-Load
High & Low Speed Compression
Rebound

Aftermarket 12mm tie-rods
New Front A-arm Bushing Kit.

ITP 12" Wheels w/Rock Ring Protection
Big Horn Maxxis Tires
Fronts 26x9R12
Rears 26x12R12
Also Including the Stock Original Wheels/Tires factory "ZERO" Miles on them
Dunlops
Fronts K 191's 25x8-12
Rears K195's 25x10-12

New Battery

yup. wow, what a list, and my busy ebay day:

Have camo shock covers on order $30 , 7 way click adjust steering dampener $120 (they're worth every penny)

I've got the full Big Gun Evo U series stainless head pipe and exhaust. Buying a Quiet Core insert, $30, to make it wife and neighbor friendly. Will it help tone it down? I have the newer style straight Evo style silencer, Quiet core is basically a washer, used as a reducder for flow, and mounted in 5" of mesh from the pipe exit.

Has anyone converted their BF into street legal status?

I know the "mystery" plug under the rear tail light is a Reverse hot wire. I'm going to run white LED's off it, and want Turn Signal suggestions especially mounting locations, as I want Bark Buster hand guards too.

In stock airbox, I have a K&N, oval size about 5" tall x 5" wide and 7" long. For a water resilient Nylon Outerwear's type pre-filter, does anyone have a link or part number for the Outwears that fits?

The conversations of PVC and DIY snorkeling has me intrigued.

happy trails, keep it rubber side down.

Dave

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
New Kawasaki 750 Brute Force owner

I just bought a 2013 Kawasaki 750 Brute Force, I am excited but I have never owned one before. Any advise?:smile2:
Possibly, but I would still like to complete this list for all of those who already bought and/or are considering buying in the future a pre-2012 model BF.

Thanks.

101 - 120 of 129 Posts