Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VFJ,

I notice you offer clutch work and clutch parts for Can Am, Kawie, and Polaris. I think I've even seen some posts about you doing Yamaha stuff too? I am getting very interested in these CVT clutches (had centrifugal and lever clutches all my life) and how they work. So I've been reading and watching some videos on servicing all kinds of clutches. I am curious what brand you like the best? What brand is the best design, most upgradeable, most reliable?

I watched a couple videos on Polaris clutches and they seemed to be more of a hassle and not very well thought out. Yamaha looks to be reliable but hard to do anything with due to the constant tension pulley. Some of the Can Am folks were saying they wished their clutches had more of the Kawie low end torque design or something to that effect. Then you talk to Honda folks and they say anything with a belt sucks.......:eek::D

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Kawy's have about the best overall design. Yamahas, arctit cats run a dual clutch wet centrifugal/CVT. Now kawy is moving to this setup and experiencing a few issues. Polaris clutches were made cheap, the new xp1000's have Team clutches which seem to hold up better.

I'm coming out with a full replacement can am clutch next month that will make a can am have more low end than a kawy. 699.00

it's all up to what you ride.

Hondas 680cc motor at 22-25 rwhp don't have enough power to get put of their own way. imagine 0-53mph in 30 seconds!!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now kawy is moving to this setup and experiencing a few issues.
Why would Kawie go to a wet clutch design? What advantages would that give them? I always thought that wet clutches were just another part that needs replacing over time?

LOL on the Honda comment!:D With their goofy auto trannies, how would you ever optimize the power if you ran bigger or heavier tires? Shift into manual and run around in first gear all day?:lol:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts