Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a driver for my Blu-ray drive and can't seem to find one. Called the company that made it and they told me it'd be $80 for the driver :eek:. It is a LITE-ON model iHES208-09 2...any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
They want 80$ for the software package which is prob a bluray player software etc..

What issue are you having? Why would you need a driver? Windoze normally has the specific driver or at least a universal driver that would work. I don't have any experience with bluray players, but I don't see a reason why the system wouldn't at the very least recognize it as a cd-rom..

What Operating System is the driver needed for? Does the drive currently work/ being detected by the Operating system? If so, what Issue are you having that makes you think you need a specific driver?

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The drive is recognized as a CD/DVD-ROM but when a Bluray movie is inserted into the drive it wont play it nor recognize that the movie is even there. So to my guess I think I need a specific driver or something since Windows doesnt even provide them.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Well, it seems the Drive is working if you are able to play the other movies/media on the drive.

Can you put in a Blu-Ray disc and then via My Computer explore the disk contents? Or does it say unrecognizable/no media??

When you insert a BD disc and without clicking on anything, does anything happen? Or a window pop up asking what to do?? (if the autoplay is turned on)

I'm guessing you just don't have a blu-ray player/software on your PC. so it can't read the discs in there. Currently there doesn't seem to be a blu-ray codec (I haven't really searched yet). Also Windows Media Player can't play a blu-ray disc. Nor can some others because of the BD protections.

Search for a Blu-ray player, download a trial version or free one if it exists and see if you can play it then.. I think that 80$ was for the software player, not a driver.. But that software might be required to play. FRom quick reading, not many PC systems can play the BD movies directly. But that might be dated info.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I can play regular dvd's, but when I insert a BD it goes from DVD-RAM drive to CD Drive and when I click on it it openn and shows nothing, like a blank cd.

When I bought the computer the OS was vista 64, then my comp crashed and I wiped out and installed xp, I've not been able to play BD since then.

·
Premium Member
11,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed! All I needed was to update my PowerDVD DX.

Thanks PK.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I told you it was a software issue :)

Glad its up and running for ya again..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts