Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been giving a backfire on deceleration from a high speed. Pulled off my front plastics to adjust the valves and noticed this was unplugged. Can tell it’s been like that for a while because the connectors are dirty. I am not sure what this plug does but it has fuel lines on the end it seems? Any insight real quick? Also did find a cracked exhaust which I had welded but that didn’t fix the problem 100%. Seems like it doesn’t backfire as hard but still gives one on a hard deceleration

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Which machine?
Are there any mods?
Are you sure there's no more exhaust leaks?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry. 09 Brute 750 FI. I’m pretty sure no more leaks. I have found out this is the ISC valve or sensor but not sure if this would cause my problem

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any more ideas? No mods. 365 hours, 2000 miles. Never have touched the valves or fuel pump. Im getting ready to adjust valves as well. Everything runs great except this single backfire when on a high speed deceleration.

Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is probably way too simple, but when mine started backfiring upon decel, or even if I revved it hard and let off, I replaced the plugs, and that fixed it. When it started doing it again a year or two later, I swapped plugs again, and all was good. That was with a different machine, but I thought I'd share my very limited experience. I hope it's that simple for you.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been giving a backfire on deceleration from a high speed. Pulled off my front plastics to adjust the valves and noticed this was unplugged. Can tell it’s been like that for a while because the connectors are dirty. I am not sure what this plug does but it has fuel lines on the end it seems? Any insight real quick? Also did find a cracked exhaust which I had welded but that didn’t fix the problem 100%. Seems like it doesn’t backfire as hard but still gives one on a hard deceleration View attachment 74585

Thanks!
Hey guys, so I tore it down and checked the valves. All seemed within spec. Slight resistance on all clearance. Measured with a .005 intake and .008 on the exhaust. Pretty crazy I feel like considering the machine has over 2000 miles. Guess lots of oil changes helped that. I went ahead and changed the plugs while I’m at it, they probably have 150 hours on them maybe? Maybe 100 I can’t remember for sure. Anyways I’m going to order a thermostat while I already have it torn down this far just for preventative measures.

Anyways, anyone still have an idea what that thing I found unplugged does?

Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn this place is really dead. I’ll check out the brute central forum. Thanks for everyone who has chimed in

·
Registered
12,324 Posts
Hey guys, so I tore it down and checked the valves. All seemed within spec. Slight resistance on all clearance. Measured with a .005 intake and .008 on the exhaust. Pretty crazy I feel like considering the machine has over 2000 miles. Guess lots of oil changes helped that. I went ahead and changed the plugs while I’m at it, they probably have 150 hours on them maybe? Maybe 100 I can’t remember for sure. Anyways I’m going to order a thermostat while I already have it torn down this far just for preventative measures.

Anyways, anyone still have an idea what that thing I found unplugged does?

Thanks
I frequent BFM; good luck getting an answer there that's relevant. You didn't say if you plugged the sensor back in and if it still backfires.
A backfire when you let off the throttle usually means it's lean; as in possible fuel pump.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I frequent BFM; good luck getting an answer there that's relevant. You didn't say if you plugged the sensor back in and if it still backfires.
A backfire when you let off the throttle usually means it's lean; as in possible fuel pump.
Im waiting for a thermostat to come in before I button it all up. Anyone have the link for the fuel pump everyone is running anymore? I thought I remember reading that just the pump can be bought for like $20 bucks on amazon or something. Might be good to do just in case, it is getting quite a few hours on it.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I reposted the electric fuel pump mod on vforcejohns vendor page ( Interstate Motorsports ) - its the last post.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I reposted the electric fuel pump mod on vforcejohns vendor page ( Interstate Motorsports ) - its the last post.
I just noticed your machine is fuel injected - go to revzcycles for fuel pump replacement that also has a warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts