Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear them screaming every night in the woods but never really seen them around my yard,well tonight i let my dog out on the porch and he started barking so i grabbed a flash light and looked around and there was a coyote in my back yard,ran back inside and grabbed the 22 and he was crossing the street into the woods.my father has roosters and hens next door i think that is what it was after.pretty scary knowing there in my yard at night now,i walk my dogs out there.can i shoot one if it is in my yard?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Every state is different. Don't tell anyone.

·
Registered
79 Posts
discretion is a better part of valor. they way we do it here indiana is if we see a yote, bullets start flying. every now and then ill get a pack of about 8 or 10 in my front yard. and they are in my woods all the time.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I shot at 2 opening day. Got one missed the other with my single shot .270. Man those things can move, I barely had time to re-load.

My buddy who's house I was at says he hears them every night going after something in the woods, and once woke him right out of a sound sleep. Well he hears one less now.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah , they are taken over here in ga.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Nobody will miss the coyote..

In Illinois you can hunt them damn near year round and a few months out of the year you can hunt them at night. :D

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know my parents would never rat me out:Dbut my neighbor on the other side is kind of a dick,but i think he would not say anything.it is crazy how mwny are around here now.there has been alot of fisher cat citing to.have'nt seen one yet but i heard they can be nasty

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Make sure you drag the carcass to the dickheads yard..;)

·
Registered
8,165 Posts
We got our windows open right now and can here them yipping out back. They have gotten worse (population wise) in the past 15 years. Hardly see any pheasants, foxes, or any other small game anymore. Shoot the fukkkers when ever you get the chance.

·
Registered
197 Posts
its legal in NV year round :]
i go out coyote hunting almost every weekand!

·
Registered
49 Posts
haha.... AR-15 > Yote

Blam, Blam, Blam... Thud... Thud....... Thud.

·
Registered
197 Posts
haha i wish i could get ahold of an ar-15
right now im using my rem. .223 with varmit barrel :]
and im making a 6mm br:wub:

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
We shoot 50+ a year. They get real furry in the winter and fetch us more money. Whole, frozen... full of holes.

We'll call them out. They come running lookin for a snack. Done.

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
We sell them to the Hutterites whole.

We hunt these too. This is a possible world record shot here in Alberta. The hunt has been taped and is going to be shown on TV. This wolf weighs in at 197 lbs. This pic was in the recent Big Buck Mag.

·
Registered
197 Posts
a wolf hunt seems legit :]
can non resident apply for a wolf tag in canada?

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Through an outfitter... we don't need wolf or coyote tags.

Here's a wolf my friend had in his cabin. His friend shot 5 out of the 7 that circled him when he was moose hunting. :O

·
Registered
197 Posts
wow nice mount!
well i have family in good ol canada, so if i ever visit i might have to go on a hunt :]
how hard is it to get guns over the border?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
I live in ranching / farming country so if you see anything chasing or endangering livestock the unwritten law is you can pop it.

I have tons of rabbits around my house so I have tons of coyotes and a few cougars.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts