Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these? They are the only 83mm pistons i can find. The ad for them says they are relieved for high lift cams, what cams will work with them.
Thanks in advance
Shane

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I do have the cp pistons and I run the amr xx cams, it is a great combo lots of power.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
You have a link to where you seen this 83mm CP pistons?

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
Glenn was using CP pistons originally. he switched to Diamond because CP kept screwing them up

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
The CP pistons are a decent piece. They are roughly 11.7:1, irregardless what they say they are. The dome is 3.5cc's, and they have .185 pockets. I helped them with the 750 pistons, and they just put the same dome on a smaller piston.

This was their original design, and it hits the edges of a KFX chamber.

Later, they nipped the edges off, and it cleared, but they lost a little volume by doing so.

This was the best they could do for me without going to a Keller molded piston, which are nearly 600 bucks a set dead cost. It's a little taller, and the ears are still taken off, but it wasn't much over 12:1.

This is a $600 dollar Keller molded piston

They make a good product if they care to make it. My problem was, I was always treated like I was too small to matter to them, and I found someone that would give me the time and effort I needed to make things better.

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
Dawg: I don't think so.

Glenn or anyone else;What the hell is a Keller Molded piston?
We(glenn and I) have talked about them and I just played along like I knew what he was talking about:D

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, I will have to get the link from my buddy again, I seem to have lost it. If they will work with the amr xx cams does that mean they will work with Fundy ultimate trail cams?

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Yep, Greg had the last set of the CP's we used.

A keller mold is just CP's term for digitizing a chamber, and reverse imaging that dome on top of a piston. I designed a chamber, sent it to CP, and they digitized it, and put it in a file for me, and it is only available to me. When I order a piston, it can be designed up to a max, like you see in the last picture, and that's as big as it can get.

It was $176 for each piston just to implement that design. Diamond now does that for much less. Both companies charge a few hundred bucks to do the initial head scan.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Thanks guys, I will have to get the link from my buddy again, I seem to have lost it.
Yea please be sure to post that link when you get it again.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No prob, just ordered mine last night. For all the canadians on here, D&L performance out of quebec also carries them but they are out of stock on the 83mm pistons right now. D & L Performance

1 - 17 of 17 Posts