Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so being that crashed my tecate and shattered my collar bone in 3 places im probably out of commission for this year. so im planning on fabbing up a +2 swinger for my 88 tecate to accept trx450 carrier and some better shock geometry. i see that walsh rc and leagers are putting cr500 and crf450 geometry on the trx450s so i am wondering if anyone has done this on the tecate or any input on what linkage i should use.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I could have used any linkage I wanted to. Dave Roberts recommended I use the 88 T4 linkage. If I had to do it again I'd use the elka linkage, but as a direct result I would likely needed a new rear shock.

My buddy jhastey81 here has the HRE rear end that uses the trx carrier and have has to have his axle spacing collars in a certain position and uses certain hubs, to keep his rear tires centered. Lonestar said they could machine him custom hubs to get rid of the issue. Great setup but I think that's why Dave recommended the banshee rear end. I have a collar in between my axle and brake rotor hub that's maybe 3/8". Something to consider

1 - 2 of 2 Posts