Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
If it was causing damage there should have been some driveability issues. Thanks for the heads up I'll be sure to check mine when the twelve feet of snow we have melts.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
snow banks are 7 feet tall around my house. another blizzard tomorrow.
does john check this site anymore?

·
Premium Member
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Can't even imagine all that snow! It's still summer here and humid, even our winter is more like spring. I watched the vid of your kfx with the trax and skis looks fun. Yeah I don't know if John checks the site anymore? I hadn't been on here for a while myself until recently.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I can tell from looking at that pic, intake combustion caused that failure.

your intakes should be clean and dry. Maybe discolored from gas, but never black and burnt looking.

When I see combustion carbon in the intake it's the intake valves that actually caused this part to fail. same happens to stock intakes, It just blows the carb off the intake boot. when you pull the intake valves, you'll see that they're probably 2-3mm smaller than they were supposed to be, or badly tuliped.

This is caused when bad intake valves ignite fuel in the cylinder, and then the flame ignites the fuel in the carb before it's pulled into the head.

Intake valve failure is a very common issue on kawys. Even today people still have intake valve issues on the newer machines like the Brutes and teryx's that don't run crossover intakes.

when you get intake reverberation and the gas below the carb ignites (Intake popping) this is what eventually happens. it basically blows it apart.

Take a few pics and send them to www.uppracing.com see if they will warranty the intake? I think they still make them.

I stopped selling these in about 09-2010 simply because I was too busy to put them together and production was too slow, plus the KFX was no longer in production. The orange ones were from back around 2008 ish? In all those years I haven't seen any other issues with these intakes. I bet there were over 1000 sold.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just found mine today. Mine had a high idle so I got to check for vacuum leak and the same orange crossovers were dry rotted to pieces. Must have been something in the mix or something.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
8 Participants
h2bcivichb
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing