Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how the cross over intakes work with bigger carbs.
They work awesome on stock motors. But do they do the same with BBK's with 36 to 44 carbs?
Or is it just better to go with single intakes for each carb?

Any body dyno them back to back?

What do you think is the best set up or way to go?

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I would like to know how the cross over intakes work with bigger carbs.
They work awesome on stock motors. But do they do the same with BBK's with 36 to 44 carbs?
Or is it just better to go with single intakes for each carb?

Any body dyno them back to back?

What do you think is the best set up or way to go?
There has been plent of dyno work with them. Sorry, I don't know the numbers. My bike was used to fit up the originals which was a 730 FPS on trailcams. I put 36's on it with the stock mani's and then put the UPP's on it. The difference was awesome. The manis make the carbs tink they are biiger than they are. You can go to equal size jetting whicj=h is really nice. Really, you could put a 170 in one carb and a 190 in the other and end up with a pair of 180's. I think that people were saying somewherein the neighborhood of 3-5 rwhp. It felt like 10 to me.

·
Super Moderator
12,655 Posts
Talk to VFJ, he's had lots of dyno experience with this. If I recall correctly, a nearly stock engine with stock carbs will see the biggest hp gains, the heavily built engines with big carbs see the smallest hp gain, but a gain none-the-less.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
they do work. built motor sees 2-3 rwhp with them above the big carb (the carb sometimes only adds a few hp like 1-5. I've never bolted on a bigger carb and saw huge notable gains.

but you can't put on a set of 41's on a 730 with a crossover and see gains.

44 webers on a 900cc with the crossover HP went down. 730 ported heads with 36 and crossover it picked up low end hp 2-2.5 rwhp and midrange about 2 top end stayed similar.

they work. but they give you the ability to overcarb if you are putting big carb on a small motor.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts