Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made up two sets of Crossover intakes (UPP intake) One set I put on my brother in laws 650 sra and the other set I'd like to sale. I have enough material to make about 8-10 more corssover intakes (need intake cores) if anyone is interested. I have 3.5 hours per set that I have already made. I'll sale for $115 shipped with the exchange of your non-moded intakes or $140 shipped without your intakes. Here are a few step by step pictures I took while I made them.

One set of intakes available for sale now. I will try to get one more set made tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i thought about makin a fes sets too. ive got leftover material from when i did mine too. good luck with em!

·
Registered
363 Posts
nice man, if i didnt already have a set id take you up on it. when i get a kfx 700 ( god only knows when thatll be ) ill be needing a set, till then these should sell like hot cakes.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Is there any flex to them after the window weld (or whatever you used) hardens? I am just curious if there could be any potential fitment issues.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes they have some flex. The window urethane is a rubber base I'm guessing. It does not harden. There should not be any fitment issues, While the urethane was curing the intakes were bolted to the the heads. The two sets I have already made up fit perfect.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
OK, I was wondering if you bolted them to the head when you put the window weld on them.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Im sure the window stuff is flexible enough...I used permatex ultra black on mine and it has enough flex to put in some f3 36's ( which are closer together than stockers ) and then go back to stockers without any leaks...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, I was wondering if you bolted them to the head when you put the window weld on them.
Yes,they were bolted to the engine while I applied the window weld,then let them cure while they were still bolted to the engine.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i used bostik, a marine sealant that will cure . . . underwater! we use it at work on the military vehicles we build. its tough stuff, stop a bullet. i sealed mine inside n out, but didnt cover the tube all the way. only sealed where it made contact to the rubber. 4 rides on em and there doin great!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One set still available for sale now. $115

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
A handy step to take, Take the crossover tube and put it in a vice.Then use a ball peen hammer and flare/Bevel the ends..A little extra holding strength and security. I would say the flow would be better also since theres no edges sticking straight out to catch on. Good luck with em.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
i used pliers to flare em

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
come on guys this isn't a open thread it's a "FOR SALE" thread. Take your thoughts and opinions to the open forums please.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
You were the one showing step by step and info on making them so that makes it "tech" enough huh!

Just trying to help make your product better to help them sale. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I am in the process now of making my own crossovers. I am using pliers to flare the ends.

BF-750 is a good guy to deal with, everyone can be comfortable dealin with him.

BF, i might have some extra intakes here in a couple weeks that you can use for crossovers. I will let you kno

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Guys it is not necessary to flare the end of the crossover tube. That was started back when we wasn't using the window weld. If you have used window weld before then you already know how strong this stuff is. Even after it has cured it still has some flex to it.

Trust me if the intake was made correct it will never fail on you. When I made the holes in the intakes I made them .005 smaller the the tube its self so it had to be forested into the intake. The crossover tube is not going to pull out of the intake ever.

KFXHELLRAISER you can bash on me all you want I don't care. You always have something ignorant to say. I don't go posting bull$hit in your for sale threads do it. Is all I ask is that you stay out of my for sale threads is that so hard to understand? Hell I could care less if I sold any of these intakes or not. Just trying to help out KW guys who don't want to spend $200 on UPP's.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Just trying to help.:tup:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
your's are not upp intakes there home made ms intakes the differance is the tube on the upp intakes are sealed with hose clamps and the ms ones are sealed with window weld more likely to leak cause it is a silicone base. thats why the flaired ends came into play hopeing to stop some water and they use stop seal now witch dosen't have silicone in it to hold water.silicone repells water but also holds water when submerged after time

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No [email protected] $hit there not UPP intakes smart a$$. I never said they were. I said there the same. If you look at my title I called them "crossover intakes" not UPP's. Some one please lock this thread I'm tired of IGNORANT people (HELLRAISER, painterx) posting useless $hit.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
It's not useless, Were just trying to give you hints for improvements to help ya sell them. I will help anyone on this site but it's the last time I try and help you though!:D

Oh and BTW you did call them Upp's.

I have made up two sets of Crossover intakes (UPP intake)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.