Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pulled the trigger on some new rubber for the Kawie. Thought I'd make an archive post for folks researching these tires because there's not a lot of info on the web.

First off, I got the 26x9x12 and 26x11x12. When inflated to 5 psi, they are 24.25" tall, and the rears are 10.25" wide. Fronts are just a bit over 8" wide. For comparison, the Maxxis Viprs I just removed in the same sizes with about 1/2" tread left measures 24" tall and 11" and 9" wide at 5 psi. So these Anclas do run a tad on the short side, and a full inch off on width. You can change the height pretty drastically though just by adding a bit more air. But if you want a ride height of 25", you better order the 27" tires.
If I order another set of these Anclas, I will probably order the 27x9x12 and the 27x12x12 sizes.

So that's out of the way, now to details. These tires are a bias ply with a 6 ply rating in this size. They have 33/32" tread depth with tread wear indicators found on every 5th lug.
They are made by CST, which is the parent company of Maxxis. That explains why the tread wear indicators are identical to the ones found on my Viprs. However, my Viprs, which were made in 2019, were made in Taiwan. These Anclas are made in China. Despite that, they seem to be very well made and robust. Time will tell how they last in comparison. Viprs go 5000 miles pretty easy with 28/32" tread, so I'm hoping these go at least that far.

This is my first set of bias ply tires on my Prairie (besides the stockers). I've only been on one ride with them so far, but I can say some things straight away.
1. They ride over the rocks and bumps much nicer. I would say they ride about 40% more comfortably.
2. They have very good traction in loose stuff.
3. They take high speed cornering about 90% as good as radials.
4. They "lean" about the same as radials.
5. They are amazingly smooth riding on hardpack.
6. They do have a little skipping when you are turning at slow speeds.
7. They feel about the same weight as the Viprs. No reclutching will be necessary for me.
8. Price is AWESOME! Less than $400 shipped! 1" of tread for less than 100 dollars a tire. That's gotta be one of the best values in the market.

Other comments:
I had no idea I was buying such an aggressive tire. Seeing them in a picture doesn't do them justice. These things are wicked looking in person.
I wonder if radials are really necessary for an atv under 800 pounds. I think lots of tires are being made today for 1500 pound SxS's. Atvs are a different animal.

Stay tuned for more info.....馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #2

Registered
Discussion Starter #3

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

Registered
Discussion Starter #5

Registered
Discussion Starter #6

Registered