Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a exhaust that was made for FST. There was only two of these made for Prairie. The pipes has been ceramic coated (but has some scratches on them). They are very short head pipes, very good for mid and topend power. Comes with a Muzzy Pro Canister off a V-force, it was ceramic coated also. These pipes was the ones Xchamp had on his bike, then Mikeyboy had them on his bike and had the ceramic coating added to them.
You have to remove your overflow canister to run them but can easily install a v overflow. The pipes also come with a flexible heat shield.

These pipes are very good for drag racing. I will get some pix up.

$475 shipped

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
I will add that this is a VERY GOOD PRICE on these pipes. I bought these slightly used from X-champ for $500 and spent another $300 for ceramic coating of the headers and Muzzy Pro cannister plus some minor welding (added loops and springs to hold the collector pipe to the headers).

Also note that these are EQUAL LENGTH PIPES.

This pipe sounds good and is NOT super loud like the LTEs are. The only issue I had with these pipes on my quad is that they got too warm on my left leg whenever I wore shorts. I didn't have any problems as long as I wore jeans/riding pants.

Happy trails...:)

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Damn I was thinking about buying this system to. Oh well :D

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
G-rider,
So who ended up with this old pipe? I hope it stayed in the KR family!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
G-rider,
So who ended up with this old pipe? I hope it stayed in the KR family!
Lol, I was kidding around I bought this system for my trail 650. Mikey I gotta know why did you coat the entire exhaust?

·
Premium Member
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, James bought it from me. It is still in the KR family :D Thanks James, going out tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
No thank you Neal. You need to stop selling me shit before I go bankrupt. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
The Muzzy Pro canister was a little bit scratched when I bought it from Xchamp. When I took the headers to a local place for ceramic coating, they said the cannister was only an extra 50 bucks (give or take). So I thought, why not...it would make the whole pipe look purtee! lol The only downside is that you have to use ceramic coating polish to make it shine...and it never quite looks as good as chrome even after I polished it. Also, I chose black for the header pipes to make it look more like a stock pipe (ads to the "sleeper" look).

Have fun with the new pipe!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I'm going to get the entire system coated black so it does look stock. When was the last time this thing was repacked? I'm going to update the canister with the straight inner core so figured I'd replace the packing as well.

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
To my knowledge, its never been repacked. So its definite due for a repacking.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Neal was telling me the exhaust gasket are a [email protected] to get on? Does it use stock gaskets or different style like my BKuzzy and super pro does?

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Yes, it uses the stock exhaust gaskets. They were very hard to get on and that is why I left them on the headers when I sent them to Neal. Hopefully Neal left them on for you too and that way you won't have to mess with putting them on.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I wonder if I should replace them exhaust gaskets or should I just leave them alone?

·
Super Moderator
9,446 Posts
Don't even THINK about replacing those gaskets! lol I'm serious when I say they were difficult to insert without damaging them. I think they were still in very good condition when I removed them and gave them to Neal this summer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts