Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I have a six month old Mule Pro FXR that had a front CV joint cover go bad. I'm kinda perplexed as to how it failed as we are pretty gentle with our Mule doing chores on the ranch. Anyhow, I noticed it the day it happened and was able to wrap it up with plastic and duct tape to keep dirt and water for getting in.

I pulled the wheel, hub and rotor off only to discover that the entire wheel yoke assemble would need to come off to be able to pull the shaft off to attempt to fix. Not a simple job.

Anyone aware of any easy UTV CV joint cover fixes that I can implement until I can get it to the dealer for repair? I found this: https://quadboss.com/products/drive/rapid-repair-cv-boot But still a fairly major job to get that front yoke assembly off to expose the end of the drive shaft.

Welcome all thoughts, opinions and advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a tear in the boot, so assuming a stick or rock did it. I'm going to attempt to patch it and see if it holds before I run it off to a dealer. Its a pretty expensive repair at the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I caught mine when it first happened and very little grease had escaped. I cleaned the boot and coated with flex seal. It’s lasted for two months now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
JasonD
Kawasaki ATV Forum
KawieRiders.com is the largest Kawasaki ATV owner's forum with information for the Kawasaki KFX700, Brute Force, Prairie, Bayou, Mojave, Lakota and older model Kawasaki ATV's!
Full Forum Listing