Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
I never noticed that you sell Olav's clutch tunning book. I've recomended it many times on this site,when someones wants to learn learn how to tune these things.
I also have his carb tunning book.

·
Super Moderator
12,648 Posts
I need an amber. Now I just need a dealer down my way that sells them.
Correction; I need a tri-color.
Changed my mind; I do need the amber.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never noticed that you sell Olav's clutch tunning book. I've recomended it many times on this site,when someones wants to learn learn how to tune these things.
I also have his carb tunning book.
The book is excellent for the right type of person. Olav Aaen is a good guy. Aaen's used to do a lot of their own clutch kits,but have started selling our stuff now as well.They reccomend our Can Am 800 kit with every pipe they sell.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Dale I didn't see the dark green primary listed at Power Driven Inc.

I think the 3-67-175 would work well for me as a all over trail spring with the 4dpk 56's

I did see the plain/purple secondary, as I'm eyeballing that too. :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a new affiliated company that ships Dalton (and other products) next day,and with the shopping cart format shows you the freight options and pricing when you check out www.drivepower.ca

You are correct Ed,I just looked and it is not there. I'll get them to add it.Thanks

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I tried the dark green an compared it against the Maroon of which I was a big fan of. It seemed to me in my findings anyway that the stage3 clutch of VFJ's didn't like the higher 2" compression rates. It delivered better with the higher shiftout and lower "middle number" rates as in the EPI and power was always smoother, and worked the best.

With the O/B it was always aggressive but didn't hold, and seemed to get soft the more distance you covered.

The dark green's 3 on stall I felt was less than the 3 of the blues stall. Very manageable. It felt equal with the 1 of the maroon, and I'm running 3 shims under it, as I did with the maroon. Very Nice!

It can be tame as the others I've ran and liked, but at the same time be very aggressive it you want it to be, and hold it all the way to full shiftout.

I was a big fan as I said of the maroon. For me it was my primary spring of choice as I trail ride, and sometimes rock crawl, I also don't need tire spin when I'm trying to ride up outta the sides of ruts.

For anyone who likes the maroon as I did, I recommend they try the dark green. It's hard to explain but it has all the short lived fun of the O/B but without the stall, and the full shift delivery of the maroon but much more aggressive.

I also switched the BF secondary I had to the plain/purple. It performed I felt that much better after I experienced the initial primary spring switch.

It seems that much more revy and right off bottom. It also doesn't have that "hit your brakes" feeling like the EPI black did which is why I went to the BF spring in the first place.

Thanks Dale, awesome spring combo. I found it to work best for me with 2/56dpk's and 2/kfx's bolted. It climbs to 7600 quickly and holds it the firmest.

Today it was raining on the way home and I tried to ride the rear tires. It spins on tar when it's raining! :hmm:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Clutch Springs

I got a Brute Force 840 AMR and now I'm working on my clutch. Primary and Secondary springs would u recommend for this? It will be racing in the mud bogs on 29.5's and I don't want to burn a belt each race. Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes it is a bit rider preference (engagement etc) and sometimes a bit speculative,because "mud bogs" can mean a lot of different thing...sometimes it is more like "water crossing",others it is sticky peanut butter type mud.

What flyweights you run,etc can change it,but if you just want to try a couple of very popular springs for that application you may want to look at the Amber primary spring and the AQUA secondary spring. (some prefer Violet if it is real sticky and you may go bigger with tires)

·
Registered
39 Posts
05 brute force 750i
Want to know about good all around clutch springs. I trail ride alot but also like to get into the goo every now and again. I'm riding one 28's right now with stock springs. Been reading alot in this forum as well as a few others. I've had no slipage problem or anything with my stock springs.Always looking to make things just a little bit better. Whats your opinions on this ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
bought a set of 31 inch laws 11 rear 9.5 fronts
and i ordered dalton springs ...
i got a violet spring for secondary its rated at
2.5 load =112lbs
1 1/4 load = 264 lbs

and i got a dark green primary rated at
2.5 load 3 lbs
2.0 load =67lbs
1 1/4 load = 175 lbs

do you think that will do it with the 31's ??:cool:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
05 brute force 750i
Want to know about good all around clutch springs. I trail ride alot but also like to get into the goo every now and again. I'm riding one 28's right now with stock springs. Been reading alot in this forum as well as a few others. I've had no slipage problem or anything with my stock springs.Always looking to make things just a little bit better. Whats your opinions on this ?
For that application it is listed on our site. We have a kit for that...from testing, the kit is, our recommendation .(you will see that sometimes we only list springs and tell you that you should use the stock flyweights).

If you only want springs, there are lots of springs available on our site that you may want to test with . There is more on that on our FAQ page.

sorry for the delay, I'm not in the site as often as I'd like. To contact us , the best is always to go to "contact us" on our website

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bought a set of 31 inch laws 11 rear 9.5 fronts
and i ordered dalton springs ...
i got a violet spring for secondary its rated at
2.5 load =112lbs
1 1/4 load = 264 lbs

and i got a dark green primary rated at
2.5 load 3 lbs
2.0 load =67lbs
1 1/4 load = 175 lbs

do you think that will do it with the 31's ??:cool:
With those tires you can make a mistake at anytime and hurt a belt, but calibration will help.

Make sure you run deflection on the tight side, and if you want to try just using some springs, those are probably good choices

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a yellow primary out of a Teryx kit, could you give the specs for it, or point me in the direction on your sight? I could not find them. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
BS750 that is a Amber Prob I think it has a 180 shift out,I seen .2 at the sand track with this spring and was running a O/B and went to the Amber back to back passes and seen .2 300' sand dirt mix

1 - 18 of 18 Posts