Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a great weekend at Dumont except for when I went to start my V Sunday morning and it started hard and then would only run on the rear cylinder:((Hmf Duals on bike). Pulled the air cleaner off and noticed that it was blowing back through the carb. I'm thinking it jumped timing but I thought I'd ask you guys for your opinion before I tore the engine apart. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
I would hope for a tight valve adjuster maybe first. Maybe it has tightened on you, or a seat shifted up a little making it tight or it just coined in more closing the clearence...JH

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
730 Kit should fix it:) Roll your motor over to ensure that you can perform a succesful leak down at any point which will confirm no burnt valves. Then Check cam timing.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I had an OSHA 10 class last 2 nights (yawn). Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be able to work on it this weekend (got to be ready for new year's weekend). Already checked fuel and spark both looked OK (spark may have been weak but was present) so I guess the next is valves and timing. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts