Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am here to vent a little. I took my 2002 Kaw P650 in to get looked at. It was sputtering and smoking a little. They gave me an estimate of $2,300 to rebuild the top end. I told them no thanks. I took it to one of my business associates who has a tractor dealership. They work on anything, including atv's. I told him about my problem and he said he had the same model atv in the shop last week with the same problem I had. All my bike needed was a valve adjustment. So, $72 later my bike is running like a champ.

I have decided I will never step foot in the local Kawasaki dealership again.

Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Im glad you got a second opinion on that thing....that $72 is money well spent if you dont do it yourself.

Congrats on not getting screwed from a dealership:tup: That is extremely high just for rebuilding a topend...

·
Registered
247 Posts
Dealer was wrong!
No surprise there!!!
Good Job!! Score one for the consumer :yeehawi:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I asked my dealer to look into my hard starting issue that has been ongoing since i got the bike new. they blamed it on my cdi and wouldn't touch it.

My local dealers are all jokes.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rule #1 dont trust the dealer... the may be certified but its for the wrong reason. they are certified dumb asses not mechanics. 05-bf-750 took his 750 to the dealer and i believe they tried to make him pay them when for when the mechanic split the crank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts