Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just gona be part time after hours and weekends fitting aftermarket stuff and performance mods to quads and 2 wheelers ive been into building engines and quads and 2 wheelers and performance car stuff for 20yrs all the shops this way charge from what ive seen beetween $60-115au per hour wether its basic chit or performance building
so i was thinking about charging $30au per hour what do yous rekon fair price? to cheap to expensive?

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Not sure how the aus $ compares to canadian or US but me and my buddy charge $35 an hour . Thats half of what most of the dealers charge. If you are doing good work I don't think anyone will have a problem paying that amount

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Tell em what things they can do to make it easier for you--Depending on the repair---Like they could have all the plastics off etc---When they see your honest and trying to save them $ then word will get around quickly and you'll have a strong customer base in no time---Here there's nothing worse than having to take our bikes to the STEALERS.

Kenny

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I own a small engine repair shop (going on 4 years now) and I charge $55 an hour. I try to work on ATV, street/dirt bikes only but I get a lawn mower from time to time. Man I hate working on mowers.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Yeah mowers and lawn equipment usually arent worth working on. No one wants to spend much on them because its often cheaper to buy a new one

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
theres a guy that takes his ride on mower to the mower drags here has a ds650 engine in it thats 1 mower ide work on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts