Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all you deer hunters out there.
Was late getting to my tree stand and decided to attach my harness once I got to the top of the tree. About half way up the top part of my climber slipped down the tree as I sat down. Backwards I went with my right foot still secure in the sturup of the climber. Was unable to touch the ground. I tried to get my foot out but it was a lost cause. Got my cell phone out and called the farmers wife . Once she found me she was able to get me out. I was upside down for almost an hour. The farmer brought my truck out to my stand and took me to the hospital. Hospital sent me home with x-rays, temp cast, and pain pills. Went to the orthpic Dr. next day. Ligaments stretched so far they broke off the bone and took part of the bone with them.
So guys and gals that hunt from a tree stand. Please put your harness on and attached it to the tree as soon as you step in your stand. Don`t be a fool like me.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Damn that must have sucked man. Good post though!

I'm hunting in a new 17' stand this year and it scares the hell out of me everytime I'm in it. lmao

·
Registered
90 Posts
Damn man you're lucky it wasn't any worse. I love my ole man climber they can be dangerous though.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
be safe , post up some pics of those deer harvests........

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Wow that sucks!!! Sorry your were hurt but glad your ok. There are several of us that have gone though knee surgery if you need some advice....

·
Registered
49 Posts
holy heck... I hunt from a 20' footer in Archery Season... That freaking thing scares the whazz outta me. I always use my harness cause that same thing happened to a buddy of mine.

Glad to hear you are OK. Use your harness next time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts