Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wasup guys my friend has a kfx400 with an edelbrock carb he has the twist throttle on it then he went to the thumb throttle and he bought a stock thumb throttle for a kfx400 but it seems it doesn't open the carb all the way like the twist throttle opens it. Is there a certain thumb throttle this carb takes to run right? Any ideas guys would be great thanks oh ya I meant to write edelbrock Im on my iPhone and my fat fingers got in the way.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Sounds like your cable is to long.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I never saw gains from the edelbrock carb. stock is better than that crapper. FCR-MX is the best. on a z400 power goes from 30-30.5 rwhp with the edelbrock. on a 434 kit it looses power and has crappy throttle response and we tried every jet/needle they offered

John

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys he bought this kfx400 with the edelbrock carb so that's why he sticking with this carb.

·
Registered
46 Posts
i dont know what vforce is saying cause i have an edelbrock on mine and it works awesome mine opens up just fine but about halfway through it kinda catches which is normal on that carb if you notice the spring on the accelerator pump on that model carb is very stiff that might be all your feeling. i woods race mine and it made my third gear gain alot of top end power i ove it

·
Premium Member
2,440 Posts
I never saw gains from the edelbrock carb. stock is better than that crapper. FCR-MX is the best. on a z400 power goes from 30-30.5 rwhp with the edelbrock. on a 434 kit it looses power and has crappy throttle response and we tried every jet/needle they offered

John
I have never worked with them, but I thought that the accelerator pump would be a big help for launching and off throttle reponse. But that was just a theory. If John says that they suck... good enough for me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Edelbrock on my KFX 400

If the carb doesn't open all of the way, simply place the end of the cable further around the wheel...I agree the cable is too long...you can buy replacement cables from Edelbrock.:eek:

I just got an Eddy and it seems like I get instant fuel. I run a KFX 400 with HMF slip-on and airbox lid removed. I was running lean with my mikuni carb even with a 165 dynojet main jet at 2450ft elevation. Plug was white. :mad: I'm not looking back at that other crap now that I have my Edelbrock. (The same style of Edelbrock woke up my neighbors 400EX with a 440 big bore kit.) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts