Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a lead on a Tecate nearby for really cheap. If it pans out, I'll be getting some custom parts made for my Hybrid and thought while I'm getting them done, maybe you guys might be in the market for A-arms, anti-vibe stems or a swingarm?

Is there any demand for these parts? Would it even be worthwhile bothering? How hard would it be to sell 5 -10 sets of a-arms, swingarms or stems?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Demand for these parts is not as high as one might think. Offer them up and 10 guys will send you pm's telling you they are on board, give a price for them and 5 guys will say they are ready to buy, build them and 2 guys will actually buy. We all dream big but just know, there isn't a huge tecate niche market. If you build 10 of each thing you WILL eventually sell them. You will also bow on your price to do so.
Be sart, build 1 set for a sample and pre sell them before actually building them.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is all the response I need to know not to do it.

Building 1 set has no use for me and would require jigs to be built and would cost much more than a small run of 5-10 sets. I thought since it seems to be pretty rare to find stuff for the tecate and quite a few people seem to build theirs up that this might be a little niche.

I'll be getting a one-off set of A-arms stem and swingarm for my hybrid, but since it's for a newer machine it is worthwhile.

I would expect a set of Chromoly A-arms, swingarm and stem to run around $1000-$1200.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
The tooling really is not hard to build yourself

1 - 7 of 7 Posts