Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 466 Posts

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'll make a thread for this..

AAAahahahaaa!! Wow that felt awesome... LOL. That is the first time I ran cams other than the old fundy trail cams in this bike...I almost killed myself it reved so fast..

I broke in the cams, and then started playing with it. I did not buy new jets yet, but this thing has 8 jets to work with, not counting air correctors and accelerator pumps.

So 4 mains, 4 idle jets. What I wound up doing is disconnecting both accelerator pumps, and taking out 2 main jets and 2 idle jets. It was running rich at idle but it seemed to like it.

It would bang off the rev limiter before I even got to full throttle...LOL At full throttle it was a hair lean so I just gotta play with it more. I am going back out tomorrow to play with it so more.

I could maybe put back in some of the jets, and hook up one of the pumps and see what that does. There is so many ways to friggen tune it.

Oh and just to prove a point. I did the whole test without any air filters or scoop. Completely open carb.
EDIT:

this is with the bike too rich off idle.

-------------------------------------------------
original thread for reference.
http://www.kawieriders.com/forum/kawasaki-kfx700-v-force/88907-new-blower-intake-brute-heads.html

·
Premium Member
23,817 Posts
nothing short of amazing, doood

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
:eek: HOLY BIG A$$ CARBURETOR BATMAN! And I was excited about getting my 36mm carbs on and tuned. Looks grate Metal.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
your bike looks slutty!!!! thats stupid crazy, congrats on once again raising the bar and doing the unthinkable

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Way cool. :cool: That is definitely a monster machine. Any way to fix the rev limiter problem? Heavier clutch weights, VDI ? Or just a steep azz hill should do it.
Well you won't have to worry about starving the carbs of fuel anymore :lol:.
Awesome job Erik :tup:

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
Man, that is cool, I've been saying for years that the 44's wasn't big enough...

Put those in the whoops before you race, make sure the rough stuff doesn't bother like it does on the Holley's.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
THAT IS AWSOME!! i was thinking before it wouldnt be too hard to gear up a 4bbl carb on these motors as long as you had enough engine to use it, now its been done!

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
sweet....

so, what cams you try out? How much boost you making now? Did it seem ok on the lm1 at wide open?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Cams I think he said X4's or 5's. AMR crazy cams was the way he put it.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
cool, I thought glen was making some custom blower cam for him to try... didn't know if that worked out or not.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought they were crazy cams until I measured them. They are slightly bigger than trail cams but have way more lobe separation for top end power.

I was my mistake, Glenn said he never wanted to try the crazy cams in here that it wouldn't be good for the blower anyway. These cams are suppose to help build boost and make power on the top end.

Gotta go to work. :) Z-mann I am still testing I didn't look at the boost yet A/F was ok in the last test but I gotta test at the hill to be sure.

There are so many little things I can change, I should be able to get the fuel curve exactly how I want it.

·
Premium Member
11,677 Posts
sure sounded good... bet the sand slows the revs a bit.. either way.. sounds like you are on the right track... heck.. I wonder if you might use less fuel now... hmm....

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Damn Erik... :tup: Hope it gives you the edge with no quirks.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I've been building motors my whole life and and when we were building forced induction car motors, or any motor for forced induction for that matter we always tightened up the lobe separation to avoid blow through? We open it up for normally aspirated? Am backwards here?

·
Premium Member
16,646 Posts
You never stop amazing me....
Allot of people don't realize you never worked on an engine before this one.
Keep up the great work:)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Thats one of the great things about these motors and this site...No experience needed when starting out if you can do a little research you can have a mean machine. I'm glad Metal has the balls to just try stuff like this.:D

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've been building motors my whole life and and when we were building forced induction car motors, or any motor for forced induction for that matter we always tightened up the lobe separation to avoid blow through? We open it up for normally aspirated? Am backwards here?

I was told wide lobe separation means less overlap.. don't ask me... I just install them... :)

thanks guys, I gotta play with the carbs once more tonight and decide if I use these or the 36s for the race...

1 - 20 of 466 Posts