Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if some of you diesel Mule owners can give me some feedback on how they are holding up over time. Planning on ordering a 2021 in a couple of weeks. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 2017 diesel and have had no problems, and have just passed 1,000 miles on the odometer. A couple of things I didn't know about the diesel when I bought it- 1) It is much louder than the gas version, and yet the specs are the same. 1000 lbs in the bed and 2000 lbs towing, neither of which I have come close to using. 2) The diesel tops out at around 25 mph and the gas will get up to around 45 mph.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
17ProDx, thanks for your reply. If you don't mind how is the access to the oil and fuel filter on the diesel. I had to install an access hole in the rear seat bottom base to get access to the oil filter on my gas model. Since I do my own maintenance just wondering how easy access to those areas are.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hunter11- Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. I have not done any maintenance on the unit myself; the dealer has done my 2 lube, oil and filter changes. And I can't access the machine right now to look for the filters, but I haven't read about anyone complaining about access.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 16 Dx pro with 30,000 miles and still use daily. The motor has been strong and unfailing. I replace belts about every 5.00 miles ( i average 10 mph) I did buy an extended warranty. I have used in on the transmission. I have had both output shafts replaced x2 and transmission shifter fork replaced and a 4 wheel drive engage motor. All of there have been done at no cost to me. I believe the motor will last forever and the tranny could be tuffer

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dirtco, can you tell me how the access is to the oil filter? Can't seem to find any good pictures of where it is and how easy access is to it. I do my own maintenance so it would be nice to know. Can't find any diesels at dealers around here to look at.

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is easy open the bed and unscrew the clamp that the elbow air hose...the rubber ong and it giver you access to the oil filter on the back side of the motor.
I also change the air filter every other oil change

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts