Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm rebuilding a 99 300 2x4 Prairie Rear Diff. I got Bearings Kit and Wheel Bearings but the service manual says to Drill out the Spring Pin that holds the Pinion Gear Needle bearing.

Do I really need to do that? and if so, where in the world do I
get a replacement spring pin at? :eek:

Any help or Ideas??

Thanks,
Mike :D

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
If ts like the hondas then yes it needs to be done, new bearing usually comes with a spring clip.....factory one do anyway. Ive run without the spring clip before as well, the bearing is a pressed fit and really cant go any where

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am also rebuilding one of these rear diffs. How in the heck do you drill out that spring pin? Those things are really hard and my drill bits wont touch it. I tried a bran new bit and it just spun and spun and never got anywhere. So I went with a smaller bit and then I twisted off the drill bit in the hole! What should I do now? I could probably just leave this bearing and replace the others but it would be nice to do them all as my machine has 15,000 miles on it. Thanks for your help in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
If it isnt to rusted , sometimes you can use a small sharp cold chisel to spin it around till you sn see the ends, when you see the ends, try bending it sidways and up until ou can get ahold of it with pliers....then pull it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts