Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the article on the 450 in the new DW mag. They say that there is enough fuel map to cover a pipe install and air box lid removal. Did Kawi change the fuel map from 08' to 2010? Just wondering if it is a safe mod to do on my 08'...or is it to risky and might lean it out to much??

Also, does anyone have input on the Lexx pipe that you can get from Rocky MTN. ATV? It doesn't seem like a bad deal for $179.00. Just wondering if it's "you get what you pay for" deals.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
If you're only adding a slip on and removing the air-box lid I would call it safe. But if you add a new intake and pipe they have maps that can get you started and if you have a pcIII with a a/f meter, you can make the map richer or leaner through the software by highlighting the entire map and press the page up or page down buttons.

As far as adding a lexx slip on, I would just save your money and buy a a full system you gain more power. Slip on give you little power gain for the money spent, compared to the power gained with a full system. If you do a search on here fuelatv.com did a pipe shoot out when the 08 first came out. They pushed the dasa pipe pretty hard but if you look at all the pipes you'll get big gains it just depends on were you want your power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts