Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need some help!!! New rider and just purchase/got ontrade a 07 750. My display is not working.

I was out on a ride a couple of weeks ago and the brute wasbeing a brute. Was going up a small hill and noticed that my display wasflashing on and off. I would turn the wheel and it die. Finally I was using mywinch to pull another rider out of the mud and it completely stopped working.When I got home I noticed that my winch stopped working as well.

I started digging into the display and noticed that who everwired the winch, wired it to the brown wire in the harness of the display. Theyused one of those clamp on t splicers. The splicer damn near cut the brown wirein half. They tied it in just above the wire coupler between the display backand the coupler to main wire harness. I tested the power (white wire) and it isgetting power. So I though Maybe using the winch and the wire almost being cutin half fried the display.

However, When I too the display apart and jumped from thefrom a wire from the white to the brown the display worked. So I figured thatthe display brown wire terminal was fried. I ordered a working display andplugged it in and nothing. When I Turn on the lights the display lights up butnow LCD at all.
Has anyone ever run into this. Where does this Brown wirecome from (main Harness/ECU?) I want to try to follow it out or can I just jump this wire to the white wire.

Could really use some help or a diagram. Not findinganything in the manual or maybe I just missed it.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
they dont have enough power for a winch, despite what people think, the small wire is fine after you replace the damage but it sounds like a bad battery from age or the winch, that will cause the other problems, would clean up the terminals and charge it see if it runs better if it sounds slow cranking after the cables are cleaned probably have to buy one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.