Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the roller bearing conversion kit from DLR yet? I did a search and only found one thread. KFXHELLRAISER said he was going to try them the next time he needed front wheel bearings. I think I'm gonna get a set and try em. It's surprising the V has ball bearings in the wheels as they usually don't perform well in lateral or thrust load applications.:(
Ed3

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Are these the bearings that were on ebay that replace the stock wheel bearings with a tapered bearing?

I don't think its so much that the bearing is bad that is stock. Its that water gets directly to them. The Hardkore hubs have a tapered timken bearing in them. But the outside of the hub is sealed from water, and on the inside, they use a spacer that has an o-ring in it. You have to heat it up and press it on the spindle. That helps seal out the majority of your problems with the bearings failing.

Maybe the nice thing would be that you can regrease the DLRs, but that really isn't solving the problem. The hardkores solve the problem of water/dirt getting to the bearings in the first place.. But they ain't cheap..

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
Just one? WTF is up with that? you trash the other? Or is that the hub from the a-arm deal??

GarDog, Do you have a link to the bearings you are talking about? I'm wondering if they use the spacers or not. If they do, you prob could get the Hardkor inside spacer with the o-ring and use that. It would help..

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I ordered a set of stainless tie rods from same ebay person this morning for 31 dollars. I wanted to replace my Diamond G rods that weigh 4 lbs each. Very fast shipping I just got a notice item was shipped.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts