Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing the clutch pack (secondary clutch) on my 1988 Bayou 300. The friction plates have tabs on the outer diameter which align with the clutch basket - some of these tabs have a small notch or indentation. Does it matter if all the friction plates are installed in the same orientation with the indentations lined up, or can I just put them in any way?
The manual does give that detail - just says to install them in the order they were removed - friction plate / metal plate / friction plate / etc...

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm replacing the clutch pack (secondary clutch) on my 1988 Bayou 300. The friction plates have tabs on the outer diameter which align with the clutch basket - some of these tabs have a small notch or indentation. Does it matter if all the friction plates are installed in the same orientation with the indentations lined up, or can I just put them in any way?
The manual does give that detail - just says to install them in the order they were removed - friction plate / metal plate / friction plate / etc...

Thanks!
Looks like it doesn't matter - I reassembled with no order and the clutch is working fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts