Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2005 360 4x4 with 2 problems after used purchase. 1 i put on a new belt because the light was flashing and it looked bad. Now the the light is on solid, 4x4 works and the bike accels fine. How do i get the light 2 go away????? 2 the bike has snorkels and K&N air filter it runs fine with the choke on, but pops back through the air box and or snorkel at idle and stalls. Runs fine on accel and top end i think, new to this bike and used to a can-am outlander power. Cleaned carb and jets changed fuel. Ant help out there???? like the bike and want the kids to enjoy just need to run properly.:)

Thanks for any help in advance

·
Registered
294 Posts
sounds like it needs rejetted.when i snorkled mine i had to go with smaller jets.then when i added the pipe i went bigger.right now im running a dyna jett kit. a 52 jet with the needle in the second clip grove with a uni airfilter

·
Super Moderator
12,654 Posts
Before you spend too much time at it, adjust the valves and set them on the loose side. The 360's are terrible for the valves going tight and causing all kinds of drivability problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i did not reset the light. is it a quick job? and thanks to the rest i am at the shop today and will look at the valves and get back to ya.Camo Joe please explain the light deal if possible.

thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
reset............

The machine may be in limp mode..........rpms are limited, won't shift into 4x4, etc.........

The reset clears the memory of the belt problem or the 100 hrs service check.

You first have to make sure the belt switch inside and at the top of the converter cover is in the "on" position. Run another thread and ask for a service manual for your machine....It would help you greatly...........

reset.........
This is how I reset both my Brute Force's .......05 and 06 .......Hope this helps..............

OK
First..........

Turn off the ignition switch. Remove the seat

Disconnect both sets of 4 pin connectors in the electrical
parts case.
Reconnect these 4 pin connectors to their opposite gray
to black and black to gray.
Turn on the ignition switch. Observe the belt check indicator light. It should be flashing quickly.

Disconnect the belt switch at the 2 pin connectors
above the torque converter cover. (Not the actuator connection.)

Observe the belt check indicator light.
It should be flashing slowly.
Let it flash for at least five seconds.

While observing the belt check indicator light, turn off the
ignition switch.
Disconnect the mismatched 4 pin connector sets and reconnect
them normally. (Black to black, gray to gray)

Connect the belt switch 2 pin connector .

Turn on the ignition switch. Confirm that no belt check indicator light is flashing. Put the connectors back where they go ............put on your seat and ride ride ride.........

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
The early Prairies would go into the "Limp Mode", now they only go into the "Limp Mode" if there is a Belt Problem with the Belt lite Flashing.
The Steady Belt Lite will not affect your speed or 4x4, it is just annoying because it stays on, Camo Joe instructions should solve the problem.
The Belt lite will come on around 100 hrs, another cause is a Electrical spike, if the Belt lite continues to be a ongoing problem, then check your grounds and put Dielectric Grease on all of the connectors.
I agree, do the valve check 1st, then if needed, re-jet. It just takes fine tuning when snorkels, pipes, filters are changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
THANKS GUY'S I WILL BE WORKING ON THIS WEEK AND WILL LET YOU NO IF IT WORKS. DAMN KIDS ARE KILLING ME TO RIDE IT:p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Half way there

Ok guy's changed the carb holder due to torn and leaking, changed jet to a 42 that i got from a harley carb guy. checked valves and reset,reset light. Idles like a champ belt light off. Thanks but i have a new problem the 4x4 light is flashing HELP:( Thanks to camo joe and the marshmellow you guy's are great.

almost there now just 4x4 light which was never a issue could i have done something or missed something?????????????

·
Registered
379 Posts

Glad you are making progress............Make sure the connection at the 4x4 actuator and the EB actuator is clean and plugged in correctly..........then do the reset again...........also if one of these plugs gets unplugged with the key on .........or is unplugged when the key is turned on it will error..........

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
need help

Went through every connector on bike, cleaned and elec greased did the light clearing again light still on. lifted bike on lift and ran bike in 2 wheel drive ok, hit switch for 4 wheel drive and went into and out of 4x4 fine.
light still flashing as though it has problem. 4x4 works fine and releases to 2 wheel drive fine. I am lost and confused on this issue.

ANY HELP FOR THIS PROBLEM:mad:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ok......When you turn the key on ..........then turn it off .........do you hear the engine brake actuator reset?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Sounds like the issues i was having. Except with my check belt light. After i tested everything per the service manual. It turns out it was my led (check belt and 4wd) lights. Replaced them and it went away.

Do you have a service manual?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, i do not hear it reset and now that you say this it used to make a noise after you turned key off. Help Camo Joe. Can i test it???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts