Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a down payment on a left over 09 750. As you can see right now i have a 650 with a few addons. They are gonna swap over everything off mine that will swap and the things that wont will be replaced with ne. When i go to pick it up it will be just like riding away ion my 650 just being a new 750.

Heres the question...what can i expect to notice right away? Was it really worth upgrading to? How is the fuel injection? Will it start right up in the cold w/o having to play around with it and will it sit there and idle/warm up nice?

Basically i'm only upgrading to get Fuel Injection and Ditch the carbs cause mine have been problems. I was 100% satisfied with my 650 other then the carbs. If the new 750 will just start at the press of a button and not stall sometimes when you release the throttle, or give me issues when warming up/cold start i'll be happy

·
Registered
169 Posts
congrats on your new purchase of the 09 750. I have a 2010 Brute 750 i bought in December, have not used it much but did fire it up a few times when it was 30degrees outside. No issue what so ever fired up right away. As for it being an upgrade from the 650 could not tell you as i never had one, i went from an 09 Polaris sportsman 500 to my new bad boy, and all i can say is wow what a difference, and thats just from riding it twice, and not to say i am babying it because of the break in period. Enjoy!!!!! Post some pics of your new toy.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I would also like to upgrade to efi. My question is basically the same as yours. Only I want to know does it crack right off at -20F?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I bought a 09 650i last month instead of a 09 750 because I'm not as smart as a computer, I am smarter then carbs :) I'll tell you what no atv is going to fire up at -20 without lots of stress. It was -44 here Tuesday and mine fired on the first try. It was in my garage. heheheh Have fun on that new beast.

·
Registered
182 Posts
When it's really cold, it takes a few tries to get it going, but do not touch the throttle (blip) until it's good and warm or else it will stall and be hard to start. Otherwise it starts pretty good.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea nothing is gonna start well at -20. I'm talking your normal everyday winter temps of 0 and above.

It could be 25* out and I go to start my 650 to plow and it will just crank and crank. Play with the choke position a little bit and it will pop and pop and pop but no run. Let it sit a minuite and try again and adjust the choke position. Now this goes on and on for 15-20 minutes sometimes...not supposed to be that way. Once it starts though, it will run with the choke on and warm up nice. Once warm turn the choke off and she is ready to go but that initial attempting to get it started sux. Cold starting like that is pretty much an all temp thing...not just the really cold.

Anyone have any EFI cold start videos?

·
Premium Member
1,377 Posts
Mine starts here fine so far at 10*.
I turn the key "on", wait for the "FI" lite to stop blinking then I hit the starter button , it fires right up and is at the warm-up RPMs, after about 3-4 minutes it drops down to the regular idle rpm.
During warm-up and starting Do Not Touch the throttle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts