Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi !

Took apart my friends clutch on his Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin today and realised it will need some love... :wub:

...But where can I order spare parts for it ?

When I'm looking on the picture below I do not see all the parts that I need.
* Moveable sheave bushing.
* Weight bushings.
* Spider buttons.
* Spider rollers

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I believe all that will be Kawie parts with article cat numbers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I believe all that will be Kawie parts with Arctic Cat numbers
Yes it uses a Kawasaki 650 V-Twin engine and Clutch system.
but I can not find the spare parts.
Not at the Arctic Cat dealer and not at the Kawasaki dealer.

Q: Where to find spare parts for the primary clutch ?

:confused:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
You can try dealercosrparts.com I order from them alot

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That's it spell check must still be asleep this morning

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the tools to push those sheave bushings and replace them. I dont think you can buy them though. Mine were made on a lathe and I use them with a hydraulic press

Motorcycle Parts, for Custom Motorcycle & ATVs | BikeBandit.com
Kawaski Parts Largest Dealer | Kawasaki Parts House
Either one of these may have parts the other dont.
Low price Suzuki Parts and Accessories | Suzuki Parts House (twinpeaks 700 parts are cheaper)
:confused: ... so you mean that Suzuki uses Kawasaki clutches on their Suzuki TwinPeaks 700 ?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'd simply find a good used clutch set if I were you. When mine wore it started rattling pretty bad and the sheaves were wavy from wear. I was advised by VforceJohn, the presiding clutch guru, to trash em. Parts, tooling, and labor to remanufacture the primary clutch is extremely costly.

Any kawasaki vtwin clutch from 02-11 will fit. Springs are a little different from sra bikes to the IRS models, but they're not a big deal to swap. Kfx700, prairie650/700, twin peaks, 650 sra, 650i, and 750i all will fit. I think even a prairie 360 will work. I bought both used from a member on here for $200usd with shipping included. Look in the classified ads on here. There's about 4-5 guys that deal in used parts a lot. Feel free to ask questions on here about their integrity and whether or not they can be trusted. I've dealt with brute840 a few times and he's first rate! Bought clutches and rear diff from him with no issues. International shipping is not a problem for some of the guys.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suzuki TwinPeaks 700 is a re-branded Kawasaki Prairie 700
:tup:

I'd simply find a good used clutch set if I were you. When mine wore it started rattling pretty bad and the sheaves were wavy from wear. I was advised by VforceJohn, the presiding clutch guru, to trash em. Parts, tooling, and labor to remanufacture the primary clutch is extremely costly.

Any kawasaki vtwin clutch from 02-11 will fit.
Springs are a little different from sra bikes to the IRS models, but they're not a big deal to swap.
Kfx700, prairie650/700, twin peaks, 650 sra, 650i, and 750i all will fit.
I think even a prairie 360 will work.
I bought both used from a member on here for $200usd with shipping included. Look in the classified ads on here.
There's about 4-5 guys that deal in used parts a lot.
Feel free to ask questions on here about their integrity and whether or not they can be trusted. I've dealt with brute840 a few times and he's first rate! Bought clutches and rear diff from him with no issues. International shipping is not a problem for some of the guys.
I'm a newbie with ATV's :blush:
I'm more of a Snowmobile guy.

:notworthy: It is good to get information from you guys :rock:
Over here in SWEDEN the market for ATV's is very small so getting used parts is almost impossible.

I own a ( 2005 ) Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin
My friend have a ( 2004 ) Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin
These Arctic Cat ATV's was made between 2004-2006 and uses a Kawasaki 650 V-Twin engine and drive system.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts

Any kawasaki vtwin clutch from 02-11 will fit. Springs are a little different from sra bikes to the IRS models, but they're not a big deal to swap. Kfx700, prairie650/700, twin peaks, 650 sra, 650i, and 750i all will fit. I think even a prairie 360 will work. I bought both used from a member on here for $200usd with shipping included. Look in the classified ads on here. There's about 4-5 guys that deal in used parts a lot. Feel free to ask questions on here about their integrity and whether or not they can be trusted. I've dealt with brute840 a few times and he's first rate! Bought clutches and rear diff from him with no issues. International shipping is not a problem for some of the guys.
It's pretty expensive to tool up and buy the buttons for the right slider gap and the slider bearings just for onesies or twosies. You need a fixed sheave holder, moveable sheave socket, cheater bar and a big vise, then the tools to press the bearings. There are also shims if required. In all to have someone that can do it would be about $50 in labor plus parts. If you can get a good one used here or on ebay for about a hundred, go for it. The one I built for my bike got the kitchen sink thrown at it. But to such extreme is not required.

One thing I would recommend though, If you do it yourself, balance the pieces diametrically. Makes a noticeable difference in vibration sometimes and the crank bearing will thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts