Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, for a stock side by side it's impressive.
Bone stock it was only a couple tenths slower then our old 800 race setup in a Teryx in 300ft and with some awesome Dalton clutching was almost a tenth quicker then our old 800 Rex on that track.
Pretty impressive, other then the price though!!
Ray

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
You should drive one with a turbo kit on it!! I'll have them ready in 2-3 weeks. complete bolt in kit.

125 rwhp at 7 psi.

180 rwhp at 18 psi (but we can't get past the RPM limiter without stand alone EFI) and the clutch bolt snaps and blows in 1/2 due to slipping sheave design.

Full stainless cast turbo as well.

billet wheel.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes some boost would be awesome. I can't stand driving turbo's anymore, never really did like them for all around driving but now I'm really spoiled after riding our superchargers for the 4 years or so, but that thing would be a rocket with a little boost. The suspension is stiff but seems to handle pretty good.

I'm just impressed that it will run with a built 800 Teryx, bone stock.

Ya Can-am and Ski-doo sleds both, any power over stock and the clutches have to go and a HOLE bunch of other stuff.
We did a Turbo kit for the 1200 Ski doo, it's a rocket but then you need a $1700 clutch, $1000 worth of chassis/clutch bracing just to run it. Then the chain cases break so you need a billet chain case and it goes on and on. The Ski doo sleds are WAY worse then the Can-Am ATV/SXS's but the quest for lighter weight makes a lot of week parts.
Ray

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
I wish they would put their Sea Doo motors in something other than a watercraft..

1493 cc's with a charger. 0-30 in 1.7 sec..in the water..

My X will jump completely out of the water with 3 people on it when you stab the throttle..

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Yeah for sure, even one of the 130 or 150 hp non super chaged would work excellent in a sxs

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I wish they would put their Sea Doo motors in something other than a watercraft..

My X will jump completely out of the water with 3 people on it when you stab the throttle..
my buddy had a supercharged 250hp kawasaki ultra 250x last year, it was the first jet ski i ever drove and man was it impressive.. the HP is way up since that model too i think, that motor would be insane in a sxs

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Ya really, Doo and Yamy both have pretty good 130-140HP 3 cylinder motors as well, already setup with CVT in their sleds or even better Can-Am could drop one of their 168HP 800 E tech's in a SXS and make things really fun.
Ray

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should drive one with a turbo kit on it!! I'll have them ready in 2-3 weeks. complete bolt in kit.

125 rwhp at 7 psi.

180 rwhp at 18 psi (but we can't get past the RPM limiter without stand alone EFI) and the clutch bolt snaps and blows in 1/2 due to slipping sheave design.

Full stainless cast turbo as well.

billet wheel.
John, why do you have such a low aspect ratio on the compressor wheels? Are you running a really small turbo for quick boost but not high boost?
Thanks,
Ray

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts

Ya really, Doo and Yamy both have pretty good 130-140HP 3 cylinder motors as well, already setup with CVT in their sleds or even better Can-Am could drop one of their 168HP 800 E tech's in a SXS and make things really fun.
Ray

These are 260HP out of the box. Kawie's are 300 HP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts