Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized I have a DSF2-13 on my 2007 Brute Force 750. It is what I was sold and I did not look it up until now when I was checking out the programmable modules. What is the difference in this module and the DSF2-15? Will I notice a difference if I change? It runs very well so I don't really know what to do.

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
They sell a -13 and -15 (both are non-programmable and cheaper)...they also sell the -13P and -15P (both are programmable and more expensive).

I've had both. Honestly, I suggestion that you stick to the cheaper/non-programmable DYNA UNLESS you plan to get nitrous (in which case you can do custom maps to adjust for nitrous). The performance difference between the programmable and non-programmable is not noticeable on my quad.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had planned on sticking to the non-programmable module. The DSF2-15 is listed as the correct module for the Brute on the Dynatek website. I was sold a DSF2-13 by a dealer about 3 years ago. I am just wondering if I need to switch to the -15 and if there is much difference. If there would be gains, I would be interested in switching.

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
I called to Dynatek and asked them this very same question right before I bought a (used) -15P late last year. The -15P is listed for the BF, but I have a Prairie (aka twin peaks). Dynatek explained that the -13 and -15 CDIs are identical, except for the part numbers. Same goes for the -13P and -15P.

I'm currently running the -15P on my prairie with no problems at all. What I'm saying is that I don't think you should bother to get the -15...you will notice no gains.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mikeyboy, you are correct. Here is the answer from Dynatek.

"Thank you for your interest in Dynatek ignitions. The DFS2-13 and 2-15 are actually identical. The reason we created the 2 different part numbers was for sales tracking purposes. There are no issues with running the DFS2-13 on your BF750. If we can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact us anytime."

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
Good deal. Glad the info I got from them was accurate.

By the way, setting up the custom maps on the DYNA programmable CDI is kinda neat. Last night, I made 4 custom maps on my PC and downloaded it onto my DYNA programmable CDI (did this b/c I just installed a nitrous kit). But like I said above, I didn't notice any significant performance gains when switching from the non-programmable to the programmable CDI (when running all motor).

·
Registered
930 Posts
Hey Mikey try lower timing, especially in the 7000 rpm range and up.

·
Registered
314 Posts
what about a dfs2-12? is it the same as the -13 and -15? -12 says its for a 01/02 650 prairie

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been looking for one of these for my 650 Brute and am glad this was posted. I just bought a brand new DFs2-13 on ebay for $100.00 after reading this. Every DFS2-15 auction I have been losing. No one knows that the two are identical. Thanks for the post.

·
Super Moderator
9,439 Posts
what about a dfs2-12? is it the same as the -13 and -15? -12 says its for a 01/02 650 prairie

The -12 dyna is ONLY for the 2002 Prairie 650 b/c it comes with 2 plugs. The 03 P650 and all model P700's and carb'd BF750's come with 3 plugs.

FYI: In case anyone is interested, I have a PROGRAMMABLE Dyna CDI plus the Programming Kit (with USB cable) listed in the FOR SALE section of this forum. This will work on both the Prairies and the BFs.

Happy trails...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts