·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this buck this mornin crusin round lookin for does

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Sweet! I just got back from hunting again. I got my whitetail buck on the 2nd last day in the afternoon. And then on the last day I went out with my Uncle and got a Bull Elk in the morning. I have until the 20th of December to get my Cow Elk. I hope work doesn't get in the way of that. :lol: I spent the day cutting up meat. It's not my favorite thing to do... cause the fun stops as soon as you squeeze the trigger. Oh well.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Nice whitetail, I did not harvest my buck this year, cougars been bringing the numbers down, I did get my Elk though over in NE Oregon. We don't have very many whitetail in Oregon and very few hunt available for them. Would like to get one, one of these days.
Thanks for sharing your photos.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where abouts in east tn?

greeneville tenn. the bucks dont get the chance to get very big down here to many people shoot up all the good young bucks .so to bag one like this that is 3.5 to 4 years old is really some thing special.
and thanks for all the props .

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thats a pretty good buck for here though, its the same way across the mountain in nc, everyone shoots the little guys.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
^^^Yep same down here. Nice buck ballpeen!

·
Premium Member
22,490 Posts
Hit this one with my .300 Weatherby last Sunday. He scores 170 5/8 gross. He's better than average around here but they do get much bigger here.

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
I found these 2 bucks Saturday In Windrock/Coal Creek, TN up by the Windmills just over where they blocked off the trail on the top of that mountain.

They were warm and fresh. so we got the hell out of there.

pretty scrawney for 6- 8 pointers

John

·
Registered
389 Posts
Poachers ^^^^^^^^^^ More likely than not. If they weren't, then they'd be happy to be there with their 2 deer.

My Kentucky Bow kill 8 pt. :)

14.5" inside spread, 8" tines

Green scored 118" +/-.

My son with "daddy's big deer!" LOL

Side view to give a better look at the tine length.

Only picture from the field, with my poor cell phone. :(

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good lookin bucks everyone .i wish i would of had my bow when i shot this buck, i shot him with my 7mm from 10 yrds he didnt have a clue i was anywhere around would have been a easy bow kill.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry, meant to say first and foremost. Congrats on a NICE e. tn. buck! I know the area and those that hunt there say that a buck with a decent spread and good length is hard to come by. You done good! :)

* Looks like you got scoped too. Ouch!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hit this one with my .300 Weatherby last Sunday. He scores 170 5/8 gross. He's better than average around here but they do get much bigger here.

How much does it cost to let a feller come up there and hunt? LOL Any Kawie Rider discount?

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
If you are in Kentucky Get your Application in for the Elk Hunt Lottery. My X's uncle got picked last year and he got him a monster elk by Barren River. I don't know when they do it, but they were all talking about it last week when I was down there.

John

·
Registered
389 Posts
We are starting to put in for the elk hunts next year. Getting a bull tag is an accomplishment. I hope I get drawn for something. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts