Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally figured out the damn fuel injection. it took about 175 dyno runs (so you know this motor is well broken in) and 4 days of 10 hours a day screwing around with different things.

I ended up with this. I stopped the runs at 60-65 as I was just interested in low end tuning at this point. 67.4 rwhp

mods are.
AMR 800 12.5 piston (gas ported, teflon coated, with CP rings)
bored and Nicasiled Brute cylinders
XX cams (new style)
Dynojet PC3 and Ignition module
Moose module
Larger 24.5 lb injectors
stage 3 spidermod clutch
epi maroon spring
EHS lid
stock heads airbox and throttle bodies
stock air filter

this chart compares his previous setup stock motor with muzzy std and EHS Dobek FI controller and stage 3 clutch with maroon spring.

Here's the comparison of no moose module VS installing a moose module from a CDI/carbed prairie/brute. I cut and spliced it into the EFI computer to override the timing settings all the time. Damn it worked for the low end that was missing.

it's a damn good running machine for just a bolt in engine kit.

there was a ton of Map sensor tricks and Idle control tricks that I had done/tried to make it work better. leaving everything that controlled the FI stock (map sensor, temp sensor, IAC control unit) I had it to a best of about 59 rwhp. what would happen is the map sensor voltage would change drastically with every revolution of the motor. not at idle, but just off idle. it would read max lean, max rich about 25x per second causing the computer to blunder and just flood it with fuel causing the lag. but I figured it out.

He had better not crash this thing. it''s far faster than that built 700 Vforce that he has. That's how he blew it up the last time and started this whole build.

Finally after many pitfalls in the build process, it's done. he'll pick it up tonite. I think it will have been worth the wait, It came out better than I had expected. I told him he'd be lucky if I got it to 65.
:lol:

John

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Yes I remember you saying I would be lucky if you got to 65. I wouldn't have been disappointed at all but I new if you got to tuning and figuring out them sensors you could get higher. John I will see you in a little. I'm leaving a little after 4 so I should be there around 6....

Where's that video?

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Congrats on your build.
It is good to know a EFI can be made to run, but for the average Joe they would never be able to afford the amount of dyno runs it took to get it right. 120 runs could be billed several thousand just for the tune. I'm sure next time it will take less time and runs knowing what works and what doesn't.
Great job John.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
cool, sounds like a runner.. would the VDI make things easier in the tuning department over the PC3?

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
Nice job John..
I know how determined you get when things don't like they should.

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
I still find it amazing, 67 from a bolt on 800. I still have the dyno chart from my custom built fps "race" 800, 62 rwhp :lol: How things have changed :D

Kudos to you John, took a lot of work on the EFI

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
John has a bunch of Misc. stuff done to it. Someone not knowing would be wtf and someone knowing what they are looking at would also be like wtf.... LMAO

Special Thanks to John

Skip

·
Registered
477 Posts
Good to see the efi can be made to run like the carbed brutes on the bottom end. It also gives me piece of mind that I didn't make a bad choice in the parts I used on my build.

Congrats you'll love the new found power

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Ive got to say great work, this needed done and would be next to impossible to do if you didn't have the resources to do it correct.
R&D takes time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts