Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
elka suspension website is having a shock sale until dec. 31 , 2016 . they have elka stage 3 for brutes at $1299.99 for all 4.:D

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
elka suspension website is having a shock sale until dec. 31 , 2016 . they have elka stage 3 for brutes at $1299.99 for all 4.:D
are they worth getting ?

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
are they worth getting ?
F'n-A. I would pay almost twice that for a set of stage-3s..and almost did for the set I have. Never regretted it. Would do it again. But..if you are just going to mud-ride...no, its not worth it. But any aggressive or long-distance trail rider will tell you there is no equal.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
are they worth getting ?
F'n-A. I would pay almost twice that for a set of stage-3s..and almost did for the set I have. Never regretted it. Would do it again. But..if you are just going to mud-ride...no, its not worth it. But any aggressive or long-distance trail rider will tell you there is no equal.
No mud. Mostly coal and rocky trails and some riding around the house.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Swann52 - These Elkas are great for our trails that we ride on. I'll take a set if your buying. LOL...

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
They will eat up anything you throw at them. They also custom tune them to your weight and riding style
how much more of a difference is there between stage 3 and 4. Just want something im not gonna have to adjust and mess with.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
They will eat up anything you throw at them. They also custom tune them to your weight and riding style
how much more of a difference is there between stage 3 and 4. Just want something im not gonna have to adjust and mess with.
I believe the difference is the stage 4 shocks have rebound control so keeps from bucking you off in extreme bump situations. Its good to have this feature in the rears but not as necessary in the front. I loved them on my Outlander. Would definitely buy them again. Was a night and day difference in the ride.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I believe the difference is the stage 4 shocks have rebound control so keeps from bucking you off in extreme bump situations. Its good to have this feature in the rears but not as necessary in the front. I loved them on my Outlander. Would definitely buy them again. Was a night and day difference in the ride.
Thanks ill take a look

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger. I've decided I'm going all out with this time. I've had 3 different Brutes since 2008 and I keep coming back for some reason but I'm going all in on this one and keeping it for the long haul. Here's hoping that the Elka's are worth it. The Brute's motor exceeds the shocks very quickly so I'm hoping for good things. I selected "trail/comfort/recreation" instead of "sport/performance" based on what I saw on this forum.

Update So just got off the phone with Elka and as always they are super helpful. I mentioned that I ordered the trail option and the gentlemen told me that he doesn't know why Elka puts that there because it makes no difference. There is no valving difference, thats only for the sport ATVs. Just an FYI.

Reactions: Swanny52

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger. I've decided I'm going all out with this time. I've had 3 different Brutes since 2008 and I keep coming back for some reason but I'm going all in on this one and keeping it for the long haul. Here's hoping that the Elka's are worth it. The Brute's motor exceeds the shocks very quickly so I'm hoping for good things. I selected "trail/comfort/recreation" instead of "sport/performance" based on what I saw on this forum.

Update So just got off the phone with Elka and as always they are super helpful. I mentioned that I ordered the trail option and the gentlemen told me that he doesn't know why Elka puts that there because it makes no difference. There is no valving difference, thats only for the sport ATVs. Just an FYI.
They are worth it man trust me. You cant even put a price on them. I couldnt imagine not having them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They are worth it man trust me. You cant even put a price on them. I couldnt imagine not having them.
Ok great. Here's hoping this will round out the Brute. It has a few drawbacks that force you to spend money but I think it will be worth it in the end.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Ok great. Here's hoping this will round out the Brute. It has a few drawbacks that force you to spend money but I think it will be worth it in the end.
Yea not shur how it will be with your tires. Post some pictures when you get the elkas on

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yea not shur how it will be with your tires. Post some pictures when you get the elkas on
Honestly my 27" XTR's aren't any bigger than your XTR's since the black diamonds run small. Plus I have them aired way down. I guess we'll see.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts