Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Honestly my 27" XTR's aren't any bigger than your XTR's since the black diamonds run small. Plus I have them aired way down. I guess we'll see.
I dont have black diamonds though.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Anyone had any issues with their Elkas? I stay away from mud unless I have no choice, so intend on keeping the new shocks as clean as possible. I was curious if Elka owners do periodic maintenanc, had any issues, etc.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Anyone had any issues with their Elkas? I stay away from mud unless I have no choice, so intend on keeping the new shocks as clean as possible. I was curious if Elka owners do periodic maintenanc, had any issues, etc.
No issues and have 2500 miles on them. Never had them maintenanced yet.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Here’s to waiting a few weeks for the shocks…:sneaky:
On another note, have any of you tried removing the sway bar with Elka’s?

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
I did..with both the OEs and the elkas. There is a lot less body roll with the elkas over the OEs but the sway bar performs a function that the shocks..just don't. I found that replacing the OE rubber sway bar mounts with a polyurethane bushing takes the spongy, initial roll out on corners and forces the bar to do more flexing...which actually does make it stay much flatter in slides and fast corners but because that mushy rubber is gone, some of the ride smoothness is forfeit. The Elkas fix that though.

·
Super Moderator
5,695 Posts
So the poly bushings make a difference?
Changes the ride and sway bar operation characteristics. Making the rubber bushings become more like bearings because it stops the flex in the rubber bushings and transfers the load more quickly to and through the bar so it holds level better and makes the bar act like a torsion bar instantly instead of after the rubber mashes down. For the faster, more serious rider that wants the control and feel more like an SRA (Like Kickstart :)), this is what they use....along with a great set of Stage-3 or better Elkas.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts