Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a Twin Peaks but same engine:D. Anyway, I'm trying to find the babbit style bearing on the mag side of the crank in the case and the fiche's don't show it and the dealer can't find it either. Has any one ran into this before? Thanks guys, Dan

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
It comes with the case.
Although...VFJ or someone on this site said they can get them or get them made??

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It comes with the case.
Although...VFJ or someone on this site said they can get them or get them made??
The one I have is down to the brass or copper or whatever the heck it is, so it should be changed, I can't believe they don't sell them. We're not going to buy a whole case for 1 bearing the would take 3 min's to change and cost 10 bucks. :mad: Does anyone know where I can get a bearing for this thing? Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Whopper had his go out last July. Let us know what you find. He doesn't want to buy a case half either.

·
Premium Member
16,645 Posts
They are Brass...
A new one will look the same.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just found them, Mickey at Four Stroke Tech has them, beats the heck out of buying a whole case. I think I might get a couple from him just to have on the shelf:D. A guy should put a new one in every time you split the cases. The clearance on that bearing goes as tight 0.001" and keeping it on the tight side would help with oil pressure especially on these high powered motors.

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Capt... when you order, can you order an extra one for Whopper's FST 840?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You are going to have to line bore it somehow too, or make a fixture to press it in exactly straight with the tapered bearing. Don't think its going to be as simple as just putting the new bushing in, and bolting everything back up. :)

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
Socket and a hammer? :lol:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It should install like a cam bearings in a V8 no? My buddys got a cam bearing tool that I've used lots. If it's installed correctly it should be straight. I have access to a line bore machine from the race car engines I've built in the past so it shouldn't be too hard to put in and hone to clearance. I guess I'll find out if this customer tells me to go ahead and fix it. Hey Terry, I'll get you one when I order, save you the shipping, Dan

·
Premium Member
22,489 Posts
If they are cheap (under 20), get two... in case one gets scarred. Thanks Dan.

You're an engine builder. No doubt you'll have the means to install it correctly. It's not rocket science.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts