Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok please any input or help here is greatly appreciated. please help the newbie

I went from a stock to EPI almond spring. i can tell ZERO difference in how it rides from a stock spring other than it takes a few hundred rpm off idle for the bike to move. i dont dislike the spring it just feels like i didnt change anything. like a waste of money basically. maybe i want a more aggressive spring? i feel like maybe thats what i want. am i not supposed to tell a difference in how it rides by just changing the spring? would going from the almond to maybe a dalton B/O make a huge difference with a stock clutch and weights?

today the bike was stock engine,stock pipe,stock air filter, you get the point. next time i ride i'll have hmf duals,12 hole,twin air. just fyi for above questions

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I was in the same boat....trying different things, wasting $. Call VFORCEJOHN he's a site sponsor, and he KNOWS clutches. READ about him and what he does in the sponsor section under INTERSTATE motorsports. I talked to him, I'm convinced.... he's gettin' my clutch!!!!! Ed3

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
You need to run more weight to really tell a difference best i found with a bolt on bike was with Vforcejohns stage 2 clutch mod with 2 56 and 2 58 dalton weights with the maroon basically same spring just had a little more stall then the maroon Enigma ran the same as me and liked it also..Just my opinion though there are more people out here that know more about them then me but this is what worked best for me from all the testing and changing i did...

·
Premium Member
10,244 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
I talked to VFJ last week and he convinced me to use a new spring from this company Clutch Springs. He said to use the plain spring. I mainly ride in the sand and I'm running 24" xtremes. He also convinced me to send him my clutch for a stage 3. Is anyone else running this spring ?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
vfj told me to run a polaris brown so i fitted it yesterday
and now thats a good bang for ur buck but mines a bbk

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you guys rock :cool: thats exactly the info i needed. im gonna call vfj next week and get the lowdown

now will a B/O spring be a big jump from the almond? im thinking it wont without clutch work from what yall said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts