Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found an EPI Clutch Kit #AW433700, for 40 bucks...EPI's site lists it as the "economy" kit.....the picture on the auction shows a small pink, small red, and large black spring, with a plastic pouch w/ some clips or something. Does anyone know about this kit? Does it have the EPI pink AND red primary springs, along with a secondary (black) spring???? Any help would be great. Ed3

·
Registered
67 Posts
My pops bought an EPI kit for his RZR and it was a piece of s**t! ended up selling it for another kit. Don't know if this helps or not. I had the Dalton kit and sold it for at VFJ stage 3 mod. Don't know how your $$$$ is but I highly recommend the VFJ.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iV, thanks for the reply...I would love to get a VFJ....and prolly will after I do my BBK. For now I just wanted to try a couple different springs in my primary, and pink was on the list. I just thought 40 bucks for a pink and red primary was worth it, but wasn't sure if that's what was actually in the kit. Thanks, Ed3

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
before you spend money on a clutch kit, ask people what they are running and what they recommend for your riding style. i think in a kfx 700 a lot of people run just the stock secondary, or the brute 750/EPI black. there are probably people on here willing to sell you springs for cheaper than you can get them from epi.

·
Premium Member
10,243 Posts
iV, thanks for the reply...I would love to get a VFJ....and prolly will after I do my BBK. For now I just wanted to try a couple different springs in my primary, and pink was on the list. I just thought 40 bucks for a pink and red primary was worth it, but wasn't sure if that's what was actually in the kit. Thanks, Ed3
If you want to try the EPI Red primary spring, I have one that I used once at the sand drags that I could sell to you for an additional $15 since I am shipping to you anyway (cams). The EPI red does have some stall but not that bad. The Pink or Almond might actually be a better choice for a spring.

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Twyz, I actually called VFJ today and after talking with him I'm going with a stage 3 from him....I don't see messing with it @ the price he quoted me. So after the Holidays I'll ship him my primary....and maybe my secondary...just to make sure it's O.K. Thanks everyone! Ed3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts