Kawasaki ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my kfx came with an epi maroon spring(not installed)
just wandering if anyone is running this spring or if i should just order me up a different one.
i trail ride in the sand and dont really drag race that much.

and i was thinking about the 4 or 6 degree key, but can you use the 6 degree with 92 octane or is the 4 better for that lower octane?

any info will help thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
I currently have a maroon spring and I ride the dunes, It was recommended for me whith the mods I have. It has worked well for me, has a slight stall and seems to hit well out of the hole.

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
I currently have a maroon spring and I ride the dunes, It was recommended for me whith the mods I have. It has worked well for me, has a slight stall and seems to hit well out of the hole.
The EPI maroon is a pretty good all around spring. Fact is, if Wapiti can ride it, anyone can:lol::lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Damn rights.....:D:D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Bullseye, you can run the 6* key with 92 octane. I also ride with the maroon spring and I've used a handful of other springs but like it the best.

I ride dunes, drag in the sand and do a lot of 1/8th mile asphalt drag racing.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I run the maroon also and it has worked great for me but I ride mostly trails and coal hills

·
Premium Member
2,439 Posts
You'll have to ask Wapiti how it works after we drag his a$$ into the woods.:D:D:D

Sunday if he's up to it.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Tried one once but seemed to soft on bottom. Hard to beat the Pink all around.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks

thanks for all the info and advice guys.

ive only rode my v 4 times at the dunes and it is the nicest ride and smoothest powered bike i have ever rode.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
ive only rode my v 4 times at the dunes and it is the nicest ride and smoothest powered bike i have ever rode.
:huh: Do you have after market shocks? The ride quality on a stock v is like riding a brick.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Welcome to KR---You can put up a sig showing what year and what mods are on your V----I'm guessing your clutch is stock so as said above a pink would be great----But no sense in wasting $----The maroon will be better than the stock----Put it in---I don't know anything about the gas as I use the cheapest 87 in mine.

Kenny

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no aftermarket shocks yet but i dont think the ride is that bad.
i previously rode a 400ex so this thing is smooth to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ride trails with the maroon and it works well for me..minimal stall, but I think it pulls pretty good..gonna try different weights next

1 - 13 of 13 Posts