Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really upset with the guy who's married to my step-daughter. The lazy SOB has been off work for a year and his unemployment has run out. My wife has been helping out with the bills, but now my hours (and paycheck) have been cut back and things are getting tight. He finally got a job interview and got a job starting Monday. BUT, he is now worried that he can't pass the drug test because of a New Year's Eve party (even though he knew about the upcoming test). I think he just wants a reason to stay at home on his azz. My wife had it out on the phone (which we pay for) with her daughter, who only defends him. It wouldn't matter as much, but they have two young kids that we are really close to. I told my wife to tell him if he doesn't keep this job, I'll be over to have a talk with him next week. I don't really want to start anything, because that'll only hurt my grandkids. And they wonder why I have high blood pressure.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I know exactly how you feel.My girlfriend's ex has been milking unemployment and is do to run out in a month.He doesn't pay any child support for his two kidsand he had the balls to tell her to not let me buy the kids alot of gifts for Christmas because he had no money and didn't want to look bad.See sends them to him on the weekends with clothes and they come back with just what they are wearing then tells her he doesn't have anything for them so she buys more.
My girl can't work full time hours because she has to drop off and pick up the kids from school while he sleeps late and spends the afternoon playing xbox like he is a teenager.He played such mind games with her when they were married that she won't do anything to get him to start paying.I don't mind supporting the kids but it kills me to support them and then he get to have them on the weekends.I would really like to snap him in half but unfortunetly the kids are five and ten and still need their father no matter how big of a loser he is.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
OUTCH!!!
not a good situation, wish I had more to say, however dont have any experience in that field of life!!

sadly what is sometimes needed is tough Love!! where all support and help is cut, however in this situation there are two kids involved, witch makes it very tough to be tough!!

is there nothing that you could do legally!!

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't do a thing legally. They are the most stubborn people I've ever met. My step-daughter is always threatening to leave him(usually when she has a job and he is sleeping at home), but she's never going to. Heck, he worked for me (at a really good wage) for 2 days. He quit - with a line of excuses. A few months later, I had a part-time opening - he made it for 8 hours before I fired him for not showing up. I've told her that if they lost their place, we'd probably let her & the kids move in, but definitely not him - didn't even make a bit of difference. I guess we'll see how Monday goes.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I would have found a couple of those detox kits of every kind and shoved them down his throat. That way he would have no problem passing the drug test.

·
Registered
235 Posts
lol next time give him niocin he will wish he would have left the drugs alone it gets rid of all traces of drugs but it makes your body feel like its on fire.. a guy i know took more than he was supposta and his skin was red color burnt for 2 days.. i havent figured out why people still do drugs nowadays with drug testing almost everywhere.

·
Registered
711 Posts
To update my previous reply to this post,my girlfriends daughter just went to the doctor and has a mild case of pnumonial because the loser ex thought it was more important to milk unemployment than to buy heating oil .Over the holiday while he had the kids there was not heat just a little electric heater in the bed room.Instead of telling us so we could have kept the kids ,we didn't find out until they came back sick.

Hmmm........I have no record .I wonder how much probation I would get for a couple broken legs?

·
Premium Member
23,814 Posts
Good luck RobCat.

It's tough to see your own kid not to have enough common sense to see a bad thing happening, or do something about it

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
So long as the Teat is there to suckle off of. they will return for the supply. simply cut them off. it's as easy as that. you can't even feel bad about it.

I have a cousin that is the same way. She never worked. no job, no money, welfare life. Her car broke down, and the police took the plates for no registration or insurance and she was just in here demanding we fix it. literally demanding it

we handed her the tools to remove the tire (it's 20 degrees out) and she laughed at us. we all laughed right back at her and went on with our day. it took a good 20 minuites for it to sink in. I'm sure as hell not messing with other's junk when I have stuff to do that makes money.

she wants the car back today. no plates and all. by law I can't or I loose my PA inspection licence and towing certificate. I told her, 120.00 for a rim and tire and 175.00 for a mirror and taillight to get it back on the road. she said fuckk you.

so now it'll sit here until she gets up 100% of the coin. I'm not paying for some one elses lazy ass.

and neither should YOU!!

John

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are some very useless individuals in this world...most of the time its family!

·
Super Moderator
9,448 Posts
VFJ is right....you are only enabling a bad situation if you continue to help pay their bills of someone who refuses to earn a living.

My sister was married to a guy for about 10 years. During the marriage, he changed jobs frequently and always had excuses for why he was fired/layed off. It got worse and he finally refused to look for work anymore. At the end of their marriage, he sat on his butt everyday and played video games for approx 3 years. My parents helped them out every time they had a financial crisis (which was often). I tried to tell my parents that at some point, they are NOT HELPING the problem b/c they are ENABLING the bum to continue his bad behavior (refusing to get a job). My parents would always reply that they agreed, but thought it was unfair to their kids if they didn't have money for this and that.

REST OF THE STORY: My parents offered to let my sister and her 3 kids move in with them if she ever decided to divorce her lazy hubby. She moved in with my parents and divorced him. Its been about 3 years since her divorce and it seems to have been a good decision b/c her ex-hubby REMAINS a bum! He still can't keep a job very long and he spent a few months in jail last year for failure to pay child support. On the other hand, my sister went back to school and completed her (online) masters degree and she now lives in an apartment with her kids. At least she doesn't have to support a lazy bum and no longer relies on my parents to make ends meet (altho she often needs their help with babysitting).

·
Vendor
15,419 Posts
Sounds like my sister. She went out with BUMS!! I called her the BUM MAGNET!! if anyone has seen her, she is a really good looking girl certainly doesn't take after me. For 4 years she went out with dirtbags and had a girl with one of them. it took years to get her to realize he isn't going to support you, it's time to leave. He robbed my house, got beat bad for it, tried to have me arested and then ended up gettting himself arrested went to jail, then a 1/2 way house. but I did end up loosing my 10,000 engagment ring I had (bad luck anyway). but home owners insurance covered it .

well she left him after many arguments with her from my famiuly and self, went to school for LPN and just a month ago graduated from school to be a RN and passed the state exam. I just cashed her first check she cleared 1700.00 for the week I was pretty impressed. I asked her aren't you glad I beat his ass when you told me not to?? she didn't want to cause problems with their daughter.

this guy was also one of my friends for many years in high school. we partied together. But... a bum is a bum. and if they get worse...let them have it.

John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes indeed it is always the people that you know well or are related to that will screw you the most. Cut them off and file for grand parents rights. Not sure what your state does but in PA you can do that. Tell them when they get there shit together they can get their kids back. Hope fully this will get him moving.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
So long as the Teat is there to suckle off of. they will return for the supply. simply cut them off. it's as easy as that. you can't even feel bad about it.

I have a cousin that is the same way. She never worked. no job, no money, welfare life. Her car broke down, and the police took the plates for no registration or insurance and she was just in here demanding we fix it. literally demanding it

we handed her the tools to remove the tire (it's 20 degrees out) and she laughed at us. we all laughed right back at her and went on with our day. it took a good 20 minuites for it to sink in. I'm sure as hell not messing with other's junk when I have stuff to do that makes money.

she wants the car back today. no plates and all. by law I can't or I loose my PA inspection licence and towing certificate. I told her, 120.00 for a rim and tire and 175.00 for a mirror and taillight to get it back on the road. she said fuckk you.

so now it'll sit here until she gets up 100% of the coin. I'm not paying for some one elses lazy ass.

and neither should YOU!!

John
+1^^^^^^^^^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts