nice is there a link to the cost?

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Wouldn't a pair of very aggressive 25" or 26" tires do the same thing for you for a LOT less money? Those look cool but they won't give you a longer footprint or anything. I even bet some 26x10-12 ITP Dune Star or 25x10-12 or 27x12-12 AMS Aerospeed tires might work similar to those and would probably handle higher speeds better. Those look VERY heavy.

Or something like this?
2 GBC Gator atv four wheeler mud tires 26x12x12 used!!:eBay Motors (item 250533505386 end time Nov-26-09 11:48:28 PST)

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm not 1000 bucks sure that they will be better. :lol:

I have tried so far...22" V-grabbers with screw in ice racing studs, 22" cheng shins of some variety with screw in ice racing studs, 22" Sand Sharks, 4 snows, and the current winner...22" Realtors with snowmachine studs with backers.

I acquired a brand new set of 22" Realtors this year and plan to triple the amount of studs. I forsee a problem with the meat of the tire tearing out when a stud really catches on something. I ran with 18 studs per tire last year, only one per space between the paddles. I could at any time, on any surface break the back tires free. It's a blast to ride and out on the ice track I could drift it like crazy.

My plan this year is to go two per space, and one alternating outsides. The ideal tire option I feel would be a 25" Realtor with two studs per paddle. Keep in mind that this isn't for an ice racing setup, this is strictly for my own amusement out on the lake where my ice fishing shack is. I want to have enough traction to pull wheelies.

I don't think that the weight will be an issue. My V has a 700UTK Fundy, Muzzy, VDI, EHS, VFJ clutch, 4" swingarm extension, etc so spinning that extra weight, especially in the snow, will not even be noticeable.

Thanks for the opinoins and comments, it keeps me thinking. :)

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
they will also be legal on sled trails too. cant run tires on the snow mobuile trails the little girls get pissy....

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
1st time, that I tried to open the link,had a problem with the connection

worth the wait, wow!!

those things look mean!!!:D

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I think you spinning issues may have had a lot to do with the fact that you are using 22" tires. I bet a taller tire would help a lot with that. There were some 25x12-9 (or 25x13-9) Realtors on wheels that were on craigslist up in your area just a little while back but I cna't seem to find them anymore. Maybe they sold. The guy was only asking $75 for the pair.

If you were on any hard-packed snow or ice, I bet what you have already run would be better than the ETV Design stuff... unless you could stud those as well.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I found the 25" Realtors if you think you want to try something like that. They are in Maine but the listing probably won't last long before it expires.

ATV sand dune tires

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks twyztid...it'll have to last until I get home though because the farking barracuda firewall says its "personals & dating"

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
they are gonna be heavier than a reg paddle too,cuz ya have the full weight of yer stock tire plus the added weight of the paddles

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
Thanks twyztid...it'll have to last until I get home though because the farking barracuda firewall says its "personals & dating"
OK, well, if you don't buy them, let me know. I don't really need them but for that price I could buy them and possibly use them for dirt drags or just resell them.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I just spoke to the guy with the 25" Realtors on the phone (his name is Jeff) and he still has the tires. He would be willing to ship them. I told him that I knew of another person that would probably be calling him about the tires. At this point, I am planning on buying them from him if you don't but you would probably get more use out of them than me so I am going to let you have first chance. You could probably get the pair for $100-$110 shipped.

**EDIT - I missed that you live in Canada. That will probably make the shipping a little bit more $ and a bit more difficult unless you have a US address that you could have them delivered to.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just sent him an email...I have an address that I use just across the border.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
I just sent him an email...I have an address that I use just across the border.

Thanks again.
No problem! Let me know if you buy them.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Twyztid...yeah I'm getting them...just waiting for the shipping rate.

I'll post pics as soon as I have them studded.

·
Premium Member
10,238 Posts
OK, cool! I am sure you will get more use out of them than me. I think they probably will do very well for what you are looking to do. :tup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts