Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally was going with a Yoshi exhaust, but my town got pretty lame and now there's a noise ordinance issued. Crotchety old people are complaining of the noise. My kfx400 has the spark arrest removed completely so it is pretty damn loud, basicly just a hollow muffler. If anyone has seen the inside you should get what I am saying. My brother has a 400ex and my buddy has an outlaw. They just removed the end caps with the spark arrest, which really isn't to loud. Now I need help finding an exhaust thats good and the sound isn't louder than just removing spark arrest. Also how much louder is a Yoshi? I was looking at the RS-3. Thanks for everyones help.

·
Registered
637 Posts
The RS-3 Is a very good exhaust. HMF makes a great exhaust as well and they have quiet cores for sound regulations.You may check to see if Yosh has the quiet core as well.

·
Registered
637 Posts
No not enough to even really notice if they do.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have yosh exhaust on my 450 and you can get a quiet core insert for it to get down to 94 db. I only put it in if the ranger starts pointing his finger. :D

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I have a new KFX 400 Titanium full Muzzy for sale in the ads section.
Do you know what the db rating is? I am looking for exhaust for our 400

·
Registered
43 Posts
kfx have you tried rockymountainatv? i just picked up a lexx slip on for 180 and they dont sound to bad check it out.
granted i dont think the kid knows what hes doing haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.