Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I added Dynamat Xtreme liner to the underside of the lift bed for rattles, and dyna hood liner/sound deadener on top of that everywhere the engine is exposed to. Seemed to help quite a bit. A lot like when I added the hood liner to the engine cover of my ski boat. Helps reduce the drone of the engine.

I'll probably add more of the hoodliner to any other areas near the engine that I can get to, maybe behind the plastic kick-panels in the rear near the engine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
However you choose to do it, you need to extend the tailpipe so that it no longer terminates under the bed. The stock location creates resonance which is much worse with a full cab. I bought my 2016 FX Pro new and spend a lot of time and money soundproofing the cab with virtually no success. The tail pipe mod was the solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I added Dynamat Xtreme liner to the underside of the lift bed for rattles, and dyna hood liner/sound deadener on top of that everywhere the engine is exposed to. Seemed to help quite a bit. A lot like when I added the hood liner to the engine cover of my ski boat. Helps reduce the drone of the engine.

I'll probably add more of the hoodliner to any other areas near the engine that I can get to, maybe behind the plastic kick-panels in the rear near the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just curious how the Dynamat is working for you, did you end up adding more? I think this could really help in reducing engine noise. I’m considering adding this the my mine. Do you have any pics you could share?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2020 Mule Pro MX, and also trying to reduce the noise. I've put Kilmat 80 under the lift bed, some on the under bed heat shield, and some on the panel behind the seat. I've also put an elbow on the exhaust tail pipe. These items have reduced the noise, it is now possible to have a conversation in it without shouting. But it is still a work in progress. Automotive tire Rectangle Mesh Wood Automotive exterior
Rectangle Wood Flooring Floor Font
Wood Hood Automotive tire Art Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts