Kawasaki ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an aftermarket pipe thats not really loud they would trade for a White Brothers E Series pipe? I just want something quiter. I will also sell this one straight out if I can find another pipe I want. You can see and hear this pipe on this video. If anyone is interested in it or wanting to make a deal on a trade hit me up.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Do you have a quiet core insert in it? It does hurt performance a little, but takes a lot of the harsh sound away. I don't know that you'll find anything quieter than the E-series with a quiet core that actual does much over stock.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have the discs and sparky but I would rather switch it up. I think the E-Series is just too short of a pipe and I dont care for the sound they produce. Figured I would throw the offer out there and see what happens. I thought about while riding it today.:D

Dont you have a Pro Circ on your other mojo? Sound clip of it?:D

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you want a really loud pipe i got a dg. jk. but are we the only three on the mojo thread?

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am so pissed right now! I just found that I can get a Muzzy Slip on for a 300ex which is my wifes. I looked everywhere and then I found a HMF for it on here cheap so I got it. Im going to see if the opening in the muffler is the same as my Head pipe and if so I will sell this one and buy that Muzzy Slip on and put it on the Mojave. If it dont work or sound good I will put it on the Wifes 300ex and sell the HMF to get some money back. Man I needed another atv to build like I need a hole in the head:lol:

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update! I will sell my WB E series pipe for 165.00 shipped if someone has a stock muffler to send me back.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I'll get a sound clip of my T-4, but it's attached to a 280 motor, so it doesn't sound like a stock one:D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I would say not:D

·
Registered
295 Posts
My wife has a Supertrapp IDS2 (not race series pipe on her Lakota and it is a little bit louder than stock but not to much and it has a real nice throaty sound). It was way way quieter than the HMF pipes I had on my YFZ450 and KFX700. In my opinion I would look for an IDS2 for your Mojo.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does she want a louder pipe? :lol: Just kidding im pretty sure the Lakota pipe wouldnt work on the Mojo.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Even if it was for a Mojave, I'm pretty sure the IDS2 is the newer style Supertrapp and it's not worth the metal it built from. They didn't do much better than stock. The older ones were better.

I finally got a sound clip of my T-4. The angry sound from the motor didn't really come across like it does in person, but just look at the camera shaking even though it's 10 feet away:D

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That thing sounds torky!:) I dont know what is up with mine,. Shouldnt I be beating a piped 300ex easily? My wifes 250/300ex hybrid does a great job. Its got loads more torque then my Mojo. If I got a good start then I could barely hold her off dragging. Something just does not feel right about it. I am jetted at 140 right now. It just has no bottom and not much mid either. Pretty okay on top but thats it. I am disappointed in it to say the least:confused:

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Where's your needle set? You may also need to jet down to a 138 main. I can't remember your elevation is. It could just be that you're running too rich.

Mine always screamed bottom to top with the stock pilot and starter jets, 0.5mm shim under the stock needle, and 138 main with no more than 8 discs in the E-Series. More discs and a 140 main helped up top, but it bogs a little in the mid range if you stab it hard.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My needle has one shim on it right now, Only jet changed is the 140 main. It has no bottom to mid at all seems like. It has okay top and I mean top like just a little bit before the Rev Limiter. I am starting to think the valves need adjusted. Aint these valves supposed to make some noise? Cuz mine is the quietest mojo motor I have heard so I think they are tight. Gotta be something. Only other thing I can think of. Its pretty sick.

Intake and Exhaust Valves need to be .008 right? I will see if I can get a feeler guage. So do I just put the guage under the rocker? I have no idea how to adjust valves. Help!

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Yes, .008 in/ex on stock cams.

Yeah, quiet is bad on these. A slight ticking at idle is what they should sound like.

There's a post on here somewhere with all my pictures of adjusting the valves, but here's the picture with the feeler gauge.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I will go to advance tomorrow if i can and get a Leaf Feeler gauge set. I will check and see, I bet money there tight. Its just too quiet. Any other Mojo I have rode was kinda on the noisy side. I rode a brand new one back in 2001 and it was noisy. Also how many turns could I go on the a/f screw to make up for having a 140 main in it?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Air screw gets set to 2.5 to 3 turns out with a pipe. It shouldn't change much with the 140. You could also try it without the shim under the needle if you keep the 140 in it. Leaning the mid range out that little bit might help.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It has one shim right now. Im at 3 turns out. 140 main. I will head to town in a min and look for some leaf feeler gauges so I can check the valves, Im bettin there tight and I think its killing the performance.

·
Banned
11,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Okay I got me a set of feeler gauges. If I get some time I will check the valves tonight. In laws are going riding tomorrow but I would say me and the wife wont go, I have way too much crap to do. Its gonna be about 60 tomorrow to:) Anyhow I will check back in on what I come up with. Gotta go build T_Dilley his shorty shifter.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.